We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi, can someone recommend me a reliable and cheap car rental in fethiye considering that I would rent it there but dropping it off at Izmir airport?

Thanks

Jasmine

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

Sorry, but reliable and cheap do not merge with car hire, you get what you pay for. Also keep in mind that fuel is expensive in Turkey, the same price as the U.K. The big hire companies are more expensive that the independent companies, the independent companies will charge you to go and pick a car up in another town.

This is a thread on this page that deals with car hire and is very similar to your post, there are answers here..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298031-i1222-k7…

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Thanks for your reply. I've try to contact fethiye lovers but they don't offer this service for just 3 days of rental :(

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Looks like you are stuck with one of the big boys such as Avis. Sorry about that but seems like you will have to bite the bullet or perhaps save money and use public transport?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

Yes I'm afraid I would need to go with one of these multinational companies, I've also found fethiyecarhire.com and I saw that someone mentioned that in other posts but nobody put a review about it...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

Hi Jasmine,

My guests always use 'Oscar' Rent a Car, they are very professional and reliable company. They have a branch both in Fethiye town and from Dalaman Airport - I think they can also arrange services in İzmir, looking at their website. Check out with their Online chat operator, may be worth a try? But there are always high premiums for dropping of any vehicle in an alternative location - unless they are a huge company as F-J says the big-boys as they can stock hold and move vehicles between cities.

oscarrentacar.com/…B0zmir_Rent_A_Car.html

I think your best bet would be to go by Pammukale firm's comfy coach to Izmir. They even have internet and film consoles on the seats of their Mega buses now!

Edited: 24 June 2014, 11:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire

Thanks for your suggestion I will try to get a quote from them then!

7. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye