We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

london
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Hello

Am thinking of booking the Renka Hotel and Spa in Gocek for mid September.

Seems to be new and I can't find any reviews for it.

Can anyone help with info or local knowledge please?

Alternatively we may return to Fethiye Yacht hotel - would like to have a little more info before deciding though, if anyone can help.

Many thanks.

KMJ45

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

I have heard nothing of his new Hotel. If it is new it may be better to wait for some reports about it. New places sometimes have teething problems.

Incidentally there are three Yacht Hotels in Fethiye. Yacht Classic, Yacht Boutique and Alesta Yacht.

wirral
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Never stayed at any hotel in Gocek so unable to comment about the Renka. I know the Yacht classic well having first stayed there 10 years ago when it was the Yacht plaza. Owners of this place are really nice people, facilities great and good location, handy for the old town. This would be a good choice, get a sea facing room

Dave

london
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Thanks for comments - we have stayed at the Yacht Boutique a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Liked the look of Gocek for this time.

The hotel I mentioned, http://renkagocek.com/ , looks good on the website and also has a good rate via Booking.com for September.

Will hold off a while and hope that someone may have looked at it or have some knowledge of it.

It is a small hotel with only 14 rooms and a very nice looking pool which would appeal to us for a few days relaxing before we head up to Istanbul.

KMJ45

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Gocek is a lot smaller than Fethiye, so keep that in mind. The Yacht Classic in Fethiye is a lovely hotel, totally refurbished and even with a small beach now. Since Daniel Craig stayed there when he made Skyfall in Calis Beach, it has really had some lovely work done. It is the sister Hotel to the Boutique. We always go to the Classic for a meal when we are over.. Give it a try, think you will like it. www.yachtclassichotel.com/index-eng.aspx

Edited: 29 June 2014, 19:40
london
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Thanks - I've just had a look , is very nice and a great location, but not available for all our dates in September.

Also, was hoping to find somewhere smaller and more suited to couples as we are travelling with just the two of us this time.

Its a little frustrating re the Renka as have now found both their website and facebook page, so they are definitely up and running - just no comments as yet!

Photos all look good though.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Just a few Hotels in Calis Beach I can recommend. Calis is not a noisy resort and has some great restaurants along the prom and the best sunset in Turkey. Only 10 minutes by dolmus to Fethiye or chill out on the water taxi. A mini cruise to Fethiye for 5 lira.

Firslty the Delta has a penthouse suite that is fabulous.

The Delta Hotel Calis Beach http://www.hoteldeltafethiye.com

Secondly the Nevada Spa Hotel, which is quite new to Calis.

The Nevada Spa Hotel. http://nevadahotelspa.com/wp/?lang=en

Then the Oykun with two pools and a Turkish Baths and Treatment Rooms.

The Oykun Hotel http://www.oykunhotel.com/eng/otelimiz.asp

Lastly the Tiriyaki Boutique Hotel, it is very beautiful inside with only a small number of rooms, but it is not in the town centre. We have had dinner here and also we got a tour around rooms are lovely.

http://tiryakiboutiquehotel.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Sorry CityBreaker - I know Gocek pretty well, but have never heard of this hotel before. It looks very nice, and would seem pretty central, and they look like real photos (not "artists impressions", so yes - could be up and running!!) - but I can add nothing else! But there are other hotels in Gocek you could look at - since you said you fancied giving Gocek a try for a few days and already know the delights of Fethiye.

A small family run hotel that is certainly close to the heart of the village and which I have heard good reports about is the Pruva Hotel ( and has a lovely pool and garden area that I have seen for myself). Another relative newcomer (last year I think) is the Gocek Grand (but I must admit I just looked at its website and wanted to weep - not my idea of "class" I am afraid!!) Or the long standing and upmarket D Resort Hotel (was the Swiss Hotel before). They have their own beach which I believe is free to hotel guests. And I believe there might be some new hotel to the West of the village near the Marina - but that is just a rumour really!

How about this - http://www.theescapegocek.com/

It is somewhat out of town, up in the hills - but must have amazing views!!

Let me know if you want some more suggestions for Gocek!

Edited: 29 June 2014, 21:41
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

There is now a review of this new place on T.A. Seems quite good however, I have to say £33.00 for a Turkish Bath and Massage seems really excessive. I know that the cost in a Hammam is usually around £10.00

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298032-d6731…

london
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Thanks to all for the helpful info and advice - we'll decide soon and will post reviews of where we decide to go.

KMJ45

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New hotel in Goceck - or Fethiye Yacht hotel?

Hi citybreaker, i always enjoyed the small and friendly hotels in Gocek. My friends from uk recommend Pruva and been going for years. Renka is small, in good countryside location but new on scene so no reviews yet. It is near to Efe Otel, behind culture hall. For lovely sea views I suggest the new Dim Boutique hotel after Skopea marina, its on a lovely path by the sea, a quiet end of Gocek, or established Unlu Otel to left of Kebab hospital cafe. But no harm in giving Renka a try though, will be relaxing. I heard they have their ow charter boat!.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations