We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

Can you get from the airport to Fethiye easy ?

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

Yes.

do you want cheap - expensve - quick - slow.

are you flying into domestic or international terminal, and how many in the group, a bit of detail will get you the best answer.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

I am just trying to work out if it is cheaper to book my own flight and Hotel or go with a package holiday ,so indeed to look at cost of getting from the Airport for two ,

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

cheapest is a shuttle service - but it can be slow as you may have to wait for other passangers and then you may be the last to get off, so could take up to 2 hours - although usually a lot less than that - cost can be as low as £5 per person.

Private transfer is quickest, near enough an hours driving time - cost approx £35 each way for a minibus load so great if you could arrange to share with others.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

Thank you ,I was looking at the Hotel Villa Berk I will try to get in contact with the Hotel,and see if they have a pick up from the Airport i will see if I can find there email address.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Be careful as Hotels will sometime offer to pick you up, but they don't have a license which is called a Tursab. Dalaman is a military airport and cabs need to be licensed so you are insured. We always use Fethiye Lovers for our transfers, have used them for 7 years now a few times per year and would not consider using anyone else. www.fethyelovers.com infor@fethiyelovers.com Other companies are available.

Also, just a warning. Do not change money or buy any food or drink at the Airport it is very expensive and a total rip off. It is O.K to use the Duty Free.

On your return, it is best not visit the Airport restaurants or buy drinks. An average drink with burger and chips can cost you £60 for two. We use the V.I.P lounge as once your are in you can eat and drink (soft drinks only) for the one price, plus there is free WIFI, TV. and comfy seats. Alternatively, get your hotel to make up some sandwiches.

Remember too, you need to go online to get a Visa before you leave. For full details go to the top of this page on the right to Top Questions and look at No.8.

Incidentally Villa Berk is in Calis Beach about 5 miles from Fethiye Town Centre. There are many hotels in Calis Beach and it.s a good place to stay. Only 10 minutes by Dolmus or get the water taxi for a lovely journey and only 5 lira each.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 10:47
Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
426 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

Has the VIP lounge re-opened as when we left Dalaman end of May it was closed for refurb. They had temporarily taken over a part of the pub directly opposite from what we saw didn't look up to much but hopefully by now the refurb is finished and they have now reopened.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport

Yes, it was only closed for 48 hours. We did use the temporary place, it was O.K. still better than being out in the Airport. We get a card from our Bank with our Account, so we use the lounges all the time.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport

morrisdancer. Do not use the Hotel Transfer service. Do as Francis Jane says & look at fethiye lovers. Plus check with hotel what room they will be offering you. Ideally you want one having the front.

Cheers

9. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye