We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris October

Hexham...
Level Contributor
185 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Marmaris October

Hav'nt been to turkey before wondering which would be the best resort to visit for the last 2 weeks in October. We usually like to book our own apartment or villa. We have 2 teenagers who don't need nightclubs but enjoy water parks, karting, and lazing around the beach. Any recommendations? looking at Marmaris or Kalkan at the moment.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
suffolk
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris October

I went to marmaris last year for the 1st 2 weeks in october...the resort is stating to wind down then....it seemed the waterparks only opened if the weather was good....plenty of other things to do but boat trips only go if the weather is ok...the water starts to get a bit choppy then.....we did have a few wet days but we also had good hot weather....marmaris beach isnt that good but just down the road at icmeler there is a nice beach...

Try the Dalyan trip to the mud baths..we had great fun....

Or the jeep safari...you can get big waterguns and squirt people if your teenagers like that sort of thing..

Not sure about karting places

You should get loads of shopping bargains as they put the prices down or give more items for the money...

I havent been to kalkan so cant comment on that...

Turkey is a lovely country and the people are great...i'm sure you,ll have a great time wherever you decide to go

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
1,002 Reviews
Marmaris, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
2. Re: Marmaris October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris