We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to worry alittle

grimsby
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Starting to worry alittle

Hi

My name is Rachel and I am going to Turkey staying at The Club Alize on august4th for 2 weeks.

I am just starting to worry alittle as people keep telling me Marmaris is like Blackpool very noisy run down loasd off hotels all over ect.

I am going away with my husband my three kids 16,7,6yrs and my mum was hoping for a family holiday with some trips and maily things to keep the kids happy while I maybe get a chance to chill.

i am wondering if I should contact the travel agent and see if we can change to another resort what do you all think.

Cheers Rcahel.

england
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starting to worry alittle

hi its nothing like blackpool there is no gangs of of the same sex yes you get a few walking around but its full of families having a good time. ive got kids and the first time i went my kids were 8 and 12 and my sister were 9 14 17 dont worry you will have a great time my kids love it there

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starting to worry alittle

The Club Alize has good write-ups from people here on TA - click on the green box on the top left called Marmaris Hotels - it is rated No. 8 - run down to its name and click on it and you can read reviews and see some photos.

grimsby
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Starting to worry alittle

Hi Thanks guys.

Does anyone know if the Club Alize is on a busy street or in a quiter area (I hope).

I am sure we will have a fun time we do like to mix with others and have a laugh just worrying as I haven't been to this part of the world before.

Do you think my 7and 6yrs will be ok on the jeep trip.

Once again thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starting to worry alittle

I know exactly how you feel.

I booked Marmaris last year to go 23rd June this year for 1 week. Having been to Italy, Spain, Canaries, Greece, Balerics etc it seemed obvious that Turkey was next option without going long-haul.

As soon as I booked everyone was telling me how awful it was, even today my friend has said how she hated it calling it 'dirty, smelly and full of lecherous men'. Why do people insist on being like that. People know I have booked, so why not just keep quiet rather than saying what a mistake I have made. I dont think it is very fair of those people to do that.

However, I have been on TA asking questions about Marmaris for some time now and have had lots of positive views so I am hoping that I will have a lovely time.

I know how to handle myself but sleazy men constantly does put me off. However Turkey has a rich culture, glorious weather, fabulous food etc so I am sure il have a wonderful time!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Starting to worry alittle

been to marmaris a few times and like you heard bad vibes about the resort and turkey in general but i must say people could be no more wrong what a beutiful place and people are so freindly as for marmaris been like blackpool i can see no comparison at all.not loads of hotels apartments but set out nicely not over cluttered a nice place for families and as for trips you can go on boat trips and it is so pleasurable chilling on the boat i am sure the kids will enjoy also entertainment at the apartments just think about lazing by the pool or on the beach enjoy make up your own mind as we did .marmaris is lovely.have a great holiday.

hull
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Starting to worry alittle

I always said i would never ever go to Turkey up until a couple of years ago now i would not go anywhere else. It is not dirty at all and not like blackpool. The people are fantastic and really friendly.

I stayed at Club Alize last year it was fantastic really clean loads for the kids to do and entertainment all day.

The front is on a main road but the pool lies at the back at it is a quiet road.

I would not change from Club Alize it is one of the best i have stayed in Turkey and try it first it is great.

I just notice you are going August it is roasting that time of year just been told it is hitting 40degrees today. Last time we went in August it never went below 30degrees at 9 on the night.

With kids you can even haggle in resturants for your meals just ask them for one free.

I go in 7 days with partner and 5 kids we will not be eating anywhere that does not give us 2 kids free. |They are always more than happy to oblige.

Have fun stop worring you will love it.

hull
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Starting to worry alittle

Oh and they have there own web site

www.clubalize.com

coventry
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Starting to worry alittle

just got back this morning (friday) and marmaris is 24/7 non stop it is noisy, both water parks were closed and the turkey people are in your face trying to sell you goods if u decide to buy anythin always haggle they will always drop there prices.

you can book daytrips everywhere u go there will be people selling i would advise you not to book with your rep as they charge you alot more than the turkish people, i would recommend the boat trip i thought this was our best day you are out all day stopping off at different bays, we seeen dolphins and an octipus would be very nice for the children we paid £15 and that was on an all inclusive basis including your food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks but you do not have to do then i think its about £6 each.

i would advise you to still go as we have a small child who is 16 months and he never had no trouble sleeping we enjoyed our stay at marmaris.

hope you have a nice holiday!!!

hull england
Level Contributor
219 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Starting to worry alittle

hi Rachel. for years i wouldnt go to marmaris i believed it was like blackpool. i always went to other parts of turkey, four years ago i saw i cheap deal for marmaris and decided to give it ago. i loved marmaris go twice ayear now. lovely people. plenty of trips to go on, i think we have done them all. i hope you have a great holiday.

blackpool
Level Contributor
189 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Starting to worry alittle

Hi Rachel, believe me its nothing like Blackpool i should know i live in Blackpool.

We go 4 times a year and absoutely love it so much we bought an apartment out there 4 years ago.

You will have a great time.

Cath