We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Ideal Hotel

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Ideal Hotel

After weeks of trawling through the internet and searching every country in the world (well nearly!) I think i have decided on the grand ideal for a week all inclusive with 2 teenagers 2 twentys and 2 fortys!!! Please can anyone confirm this is a good choice? All the reviews from this year sound very good. Thanks everyone!

Newtownards
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

from my experience with family where the hotel is situated, you are not far from anywhere within marmaris. my family range is from 18 to 26 and we are from 46 to 53 and love going to marmaris just go and experience your holiday. everyones holiday is different. i am going early september to meet family who have never been to marmaris and they are relying on our opinions of turkey, I hope they like it and will post on return.teenagers will love it if they like clubs and their mum and dad will like it too cos bar street isnt too far to check them out and there are a few along the promenade , the turtle bar, salt n pepa club x amongst many all to be enjoyed by all. enjoy1

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

Thanks for your reply.Sounds like it is in the right location for us.

I have booked now and am really looking forward to some sun!!!

I was confused about conflicting pictures of the hotel but I think it has had major refurbishment since last year, either that or there are 2 Grand Ideal Hotels in Marmaris!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

hi there,

i m murat " cthe receptionist of grand ideal hotel". Exactly the hotel has been refurbished this year and got its 5th star. We re applying all inclusive programme which starts 11am ends 11pm just for twelve hours. and there are two grand ideals but one of them is grand ideal pearl. it also belongs to us but i t is a small. dont forget to book your hotel as grand ideal hotel. hope to see you here in marmaris :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

Thank you Murat for your reply.

Thanks for confirming about the refurbishment.

We have now booked and will be arriving in the early hours of Sat 23rd August. There are 6 adults and we have booked 3 rooms all inclusive at the Grand Ideal.

The hotel looks very nice. We have requested 3 rooms next to each other.

looking forward to the holiday very much!!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

Hello again, i m murat the receptionist of grand ideal. Exactly if it is possible and if we have enough rooms then we can give rooms next to eachother. But the next day if it is possible we can change the rooms. This season the hotel is always full. So it is sometimes getting impossible to give rooms next to each other. But the hotel's atmosphere is lovely. You will really feel you re on holiday.

Best regards,

scotland
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

travelling to grand ideal end aug is there a dress code for dinner e.g. men long trousers

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

hi no there isn't a dressa cde for the dinner. But you ought not to wear swimming costumes at the dinner time :)

Newtownards
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

Strus, generally in hotels there is a dress code. From the multitude of hotels we have stayed in breakfast is very casual, dinner is trousers and shirt, no tie necessary ok and shirt doesnt need to be long sleeved. hope you have agreat time.

9. Re: Grand Ideal Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:21
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris