We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nationwide flexaccount

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
178 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Nationwide flexaccount

Hi i have just opened a nationwide flex account,not a debit card just a cash card.Nationwide have told me i can withdraw money from the ATM's in marmaris but i just wanted to ask if people have actually done this and if so was there any probs.

Thanks for your help clare

Dundee
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

should not be any probs they usually ask what language. i have heard on spanish forum that some atms ask if you want to be charged in sterling or euro. never say sterling. the bank where you are withdrawing may charge you. we have used atms in spain. when we were in marmaris we found that taking english notes got us a better deal over there. but that was years ago.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

I use my Nationwide Flex account debit card all the time everywhere in Turkey - except Marmaris solely cos I've never been there! It automatically knows it is an English card and so comes up in English - if anything you might have to choose your language first. Never been asked about what currency to take out - it just comes up with permutations of Lira, or you enter the Lira figure you need.

Oh and I've NEVER had any problems.

Fife
Level Contributor
346 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

I have used my Nationwide card in Side, Egypt, Cyprus and the Canaries - it's the best investment you can make. I carry very little cash on holiday and just withdraw what I need in whatever currency, usually Euros though.

You will have no problems using it at all.

Enjoy.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

Yes you can definitely use your Nationwide card in Marmaris as I was there in June and used it loads of times. Most of the ATMs just pay out in lira and that's what we tend to use all the time. We've never had a problem with our Nationwide card and you get a better exchange rate than if you exchange cash over there.

marmaris
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

also get best rate of exchange by nationwide ATM... living here the flex account is invaluble.... up to 300 pounds per day can be withdrawn.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
178 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

Thanks very much for all your reply's,feel much more confident now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

I used mine in marmaris this year, loads of atms around, and they give you a much better exchange rate than when you change money at home or in turkey, and they didnt charge. Cant rate them highly enough for this service.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

Nationwide are the best option - youll get a better exchange than any of the banks here or exhange places in Turkey.

Iv used mine allover, Thailand, Turkey, Spain, Tenerife, Abu Dhabi - no problems.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

Also Nationwide don't make any charges for withdrawals

Don't know about Marmaris but here (Turugutreis, Bodrum) there are a couple of machines that allow you to select lira, sterling or euro.

I use my flex account card all the time (I live here)

Sue

10. Re: Nationwide flexaccount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris