We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport stamped when you enter turkey

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cannieScot
Level Contributor
35 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
passport stamped when you enter turkey

I have heard from friends that when you get into turkey you pay for a visa and they stamp your passport. We often visit Greece and I was led to beleive that if your passport has a Turkish stamp on it you may have problems entering Greece. Thanks 11 sleeps to go.

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

thats absoulute rubbish! you wont have any problems going into greece with a turkish stamp on your passport! many people who stay in turkey that dont have residency have to go to greece every 12 weeks and do a turnaroundie- go into greece get the passport stamped and back on the hydrofoil and back to turkey! you an also go to rhodes for the day from marmaris and kos for the day from bodrum!

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

oops meant to say that you have to pay £10 ENGLISH per person to enter turkey and dont take any scottish money with you make sure its all english notes

Newtownards
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

Hiya luckysandy thought the tenpounds lasted for three months and on reentering turkey had topay the ten pounds again after the three months expired. Only cos I was in Rhodes a few years ago.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

no its not 12 weeks or 3 months its 90 days.....

Hi Cannie As previous replies no problems visiting Greece with the Turkish stamp.

have fun (and 11 short sleeps)

Newtownards
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

Cannie scot We have 13 sleeps and cant wait my other half is meeting his family from Inverness which we do somewhere other than UK cos its cheaper!!but as reported I think its a problem when only entering Cyprus cos of the Turkish/Cypriot border! Was in Cyprus in 2002 and thats where my daughter met her partner from here. he was on holiday too! and history goes on few years later etc. They are just back from Marmaris yet again! You shouldnt have problems entering cyprus from Turkey its when you pass the border at Nicosia back they can be awkward from what I hear from the Cypriot side But that is only rumour. I think Cyprus is lovely and wouldnt hesitate to go back Our friends are back yesterday from Ayia Napa.from a wedding.

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

it's in northern cyprus that they can get a bit arsey if you have a turkish stamp on your passport, they got a bit funny with us once but it don't stop you entering the country though

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

Why would they be'arsey'with you in Northern Cyprus?This is Turkish territory

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

fethyiefrazer 12 weeks 3 monthe 90 days! just about the same time the school i went too if your there feb march april thats only 89 days 90 on a leap year!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

FF is actually right on this.The '3 month'visa is actually 90 days-regardless of leap years etc.Some months have 30 and some 31 days but it İS 90 days validity.Several years ago İ got caught like this (tight fisted me trying to get every last second from my visa)İ went on what İ thought was the last day(by my reckoning)and it was the 91st day.What a rumpus it caused,apologised profusely got a mega telling off,ate large lump of humble pie and never forgot that lesson!

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: passport stamped when you enter turkey

hi a want disagreeing regarding the 90 day visa what i was trying to get over was 12 week 3 months sometimes isnt 90 days!

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris