We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

semilye and Gocek

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
semilye and Gocek

Has any one stayed in Payam Evi in Semilye? A villa with EE. Going in September and have a few questions. Also what has happened to Montenegro Hotel above Gocek? Not with EE now. How much is it to stay?

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: semilye and Gocek

Montenegro's e-mail address is on here:

http://www.montenegro.com.tr/eng.html

I don't know what the current situation is, the website doesn't look up-to-date to me.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: semilye and Gocek

Thanks--looks like old one before EE days. Maybe,but does not show hotel rooms. Do not know which forum Semilye and Sogut are in ?

marmaris
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: semilye and Gocek

Selimiye and Sogut are nearest to marmaris so you are in the right place ... both are small villages with beautiful views and still retain traditional Turkish charm. The bozburun peninsula is argueably the the prettiest area of SW Turkey

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: semilye and Gocek

However, you said that you didn't like Göcek because "it had no atmosphere" - but it's like Istanbul when compared to Selimiye or Sogut!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: semilye and Gocek

Selimiye is lovely.

Stayed there two years ago and thought it fantastic.

Small and charming.

A little gem.

Intend to visit it again this year.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: semilye and Gocek

Hope you did not mean me,as I loved Gocek and have always driven back for a day trip ,even if miles away. I think sitting at one of the internet cafes by the marina,with all the papers to read and watching the world go by is pretty special. I like the lack of mainstream tourism there and the laid back feel. Also it is quite sophisticated compared with really out of the way places. Also I stayed up in the hills at the Montengro which is very unspoilt. Anyway,will be visiting in 2 weeks ,so see what Gocek is like in 2009!

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: semilye and Gocek

No, actually I think it was someone else who stayed at Montenegro.

There have been a lot of changes in the past 2 years as the council has rebuilt the main square and developed the area running from there to the Swisshotel - plus the hotel has built a conference centre and a load of very expensive (i.e. € 1M) houses have been built between there and Port Göcek. Fortunately the rest of the village is pretty much unchanged and the house building 'boom' appears to have come to an end - no surprise there.

8. Re: semilye and Gocek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris
Recent Conversations