We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport/hotel and return transport

nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
airport/hotel and return transport

Hi all, fatbird here, wanting to pick your brains about the transfers and transport options between airport and club candan in marmaris, not going for a while yet, but I missed reading your messages. Do any of you forumites have any info for me??? I really could do with help pleeeeaaassse

talk to you soon, and don't mind calling me fatbird I'm quite used to it.

fatbirdnotts

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

We used holiday hoppa and had no problems at all. They were waiting at the airport when we got there and were on time for picking up from the hotel to go back. Would certainly recommend them and would use them again.

Marmaris
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

You've got 3 options:

1) Take the Airport shuttle "Havas" to the Bus Terminal in Marmaris and then take a cab to your hotel. This option is the most affordable one. However, if you are more than 3, I would recommend you to skip to other options.

2) Take a cab from the Airport. There are always cabs available. Just pick one of them. The ride should cost about 45 - 55 GBP.

3) Reserve a vehicle. There are many companies available. I would recommend Icmerler VIP (http://www.icmelervip.com/). Please note that we as Emre Hotels have no association with Icmeler VIP. I have used their services for my own guests many times.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

www.transfer4cheap.com seems very reasonable for prices although I have never tried them.

nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

hi emre_hotels, Thanks very much for your reply, I did forget to put on my message that I need transfers that can take a wheelchair dependant traveller as well as 4 adults and baggage. If you know of any, can you send me a pm with email address if poss I would be very grateful

talk to you soon

regards fatbirdnotts

nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

Hi madmol,

thanks for info, do you know if they can take wheelchair travellers??? have you got an email address ???? any help would be great,

We have been quoted £287 gbp by Thomson and I think that sounds a lot,

Do you know how that compares

thanks very much for your help

talk to you soon

fatbirdnotts

Marmaris
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

@fatbirdnotts: pm sent.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

Hi fatbird,

I will be writing a review of the Candan soon but I thought that I would reply to this post as you did ask me about wheelchair access in and around the hotel.

In the hotel you will have few if any problems. The doors to rooms and lifts are of a good size and the lifts themselves are quite big.

The exits from the hotel have ramps, if a little steep, and the hotel staff are fantastically helpful. They will be only too pleased to help you over any difficulties. Ismael, on reception, especially went out of his way to be helpful to everyone.

Just outside the main entrance is a taxi rank and all the regular drivers were most helpful with Mum. She is not in a wheelchair but at 86 did need the odd helping hand. Especially good was “Tom Jones” who looked after us as though we were his family.

Around the hotel area: at nearly every junction the pavements have been altered to include a ramp down into the road. Some of these are a bit steep and the water channel at the bottom is in the shape of an upturned half pipe. However I don’t think that any we saw would have caused too much of a problem.

There was a very large lady in the hotel who had hired an electric wheelchair and I had a long chat with her. She told me that she had not had any problems either in the hotel or anywhere in Marmaris.

As for the restaurants and bars. Most have wheelchair ramps but those that don’t will gladly carry your son... and you for that matter... into their establishments to get your custom.

I saw quite a few people in wheelchairs during our visit to Marmaris and stopped to question a couple. All agreed that there were no problems with access in the town that could not be solved.

Several of the boats offering trips had wide ramps and lots of life jackets so a boat trip is not out of the question.

I hope this helps and if you have any specific questions do not hesitate to ask.

Peter :o)

nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

Hi Peter,

Thank you so very much for all your help and wow!! what fantastic information, Have you thought of writing a guide for all us worriers???

I think you would do a fab job. I'm looking forward to your Candan write up, very glad you all had a good time

once again big thanks from fatbird and the crew

bestest regards

fatbirdnotts

9. Re: airport/hotel and return transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris