We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes to Ephesus to Pamukkale

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes to Ephesus to Pamukkale

We want to go from Rhodes and see both Ephesus and Pamukkale.

Is it best to go into marmaris and then go to pamukkale then go to Ephesus and then fly to Instanbul??

Or should we go to Fethiye then go to ephesus and then pamukkale and then fly from there?

Or a better option?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes to Ephesus to Pamukkale

Hi worldtraveller

Here's my suggestion. IMO its shorter (definitely the ferry crossing) to go fron Rhodes to Marmaris. Then two options by road-

(A) being more relaxing IMO - take coach from Marmaris to Mugla then change for coach to Denizli. Alight Denizli then small bus to Pamukkale sight. After sightseeing, little time so book into nice thermal spa hotel for the evening with dinner and a nice soak, (a taxi ride from Pamukkale, the Richmond resort hotels are comfortable) ready for next day an early trip to Ephesus. Ask at hotel how best to return - I would guess take bus Denizli to Selcuk (probably via Aydin). After sightseeing in Ephesus, make your way to Izmir and fly to Istanbul from Izmir (Adnan Menderes) airport (but you may need one more overnight to fit in with flight schedules).

(B) Take a coach from Marmaris to Milas onto Soke direction, change to bus to Selcuk for Ephesus. Then I'd suggest stay overnight in Selcuk (because you'll need whole day for travel and sightseeing Ephesus) Next day take a bus for Denizli (via Aydin I think) onto Pamukkale. After your sightseeing return Denizli onto Izmir by bus and you can fly back to Istanbul again from Izmir airport.

See if our Marmaris experts can consolidate any grey areas for you where I'm not 100% certain with bus schedules.

2. Re: Rhodes to Ephesus to Pamukkale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 07:30
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris