We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ash cloud

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
ash cloud

if we all took a deep breath couldnt we blow the ash cloud away??

Glasgow
Level Contributor
945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ash cloud

Depends how many of us smoke I suppose, lol

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ash cloud

Don't anybody breath just now i'm happy where the cloud is now leaving in 11hrs

Bob

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ash cloud

have a good one

UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ash cloud

if this ash cloud knackers my holiday I will be extremely, EXTREMELY pissed off, and a rampage shall ensue.....

let me get this right though, generally, the flights are only affected if there is a north westerly wind and only a northwesterly wind, if you do a check to see what the weather is like on the day you leave, you could sort of predict where the winds will be coming from and the likliehood of it affecting your flights.

its just a rough estimate but it can give you a general idea.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ash cloud

good plan with the checking wind direction, only prob is you will have to check it for every area you fly over, not just your departure airport.

There have been reports of some over Turkey this week but not enough to disrupt anything.

UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ash cloud

yeah, its mostly the transatlantic flights that get diverted, the way the wind patterns work mean the ash gets blown to atlantic(if not a northwest wind) then it comes down and the jet stream sweeps it over the spain latitudes.

be glad once it all goes

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ash cloud

as long as i get there if i get an extra few days out there i wont complain....lol

co.durham
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ash cloud

check with your travel insurance that you are covered for any disruption caused by the ash cloud . if not get them to add it on it may be worth it .

Cardiff
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ash cloud

you cannot add ash cover to your insurance policy. Insurance companies will not cover for an event that has already happened, unless your insurance was taken out before the volcanic eruption.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ash cloud

well just read the news and they saying its coming back over UK and they might be stopping more flights....i fly on sat and really hope we get there, and like i said i dont mind having a few extra days out there just wana get out there....lol