We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris for the 1st time

London
Level Contributor
109 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Marmaris for the 1st time

hi all,

I am going to marmaris with 3 friends in 2 weeks and just wanted to get the low down on the resort. We are staying at Hermes hotel which I know is out of the main hub of the resort but are there bars & clubs near the hotel or will we have to travel to bar street every night? Also are there any fast food chains ? what will the temps be in 2 weeks (pls say scorching!!)

how much spends would you recommend for SC for a week. won't be spending a fortune on food but drinks are another story!!! do the clubs charge entrance fees? any club bar recommendations?

all help appreciated!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

Hermes hotel is in the Armutulan area of Marmaris. Its a busy area with lots going on. Loads of restaurants/pubs/shops and places to book trips etc. In Armutulan square there is a small dolmus station and the buses leave about every 5 mins. You can catch one which will take you into the Marina/Bar Street area - it will take 5/10 mins. I think it is a number 4 if my memory serves me right. The bus will stop at Tansas supermarket and from there you will need to walk round to the Marina. Pass Ataturk statue and keep walking and you are in the right direction for Bar Street. Anyone will point it out to you.

If you read the posts on this forum for Armutulan you will get a better idea of good places to eat and drink and what sort of budget you might need. Its so difficult to answer about money as everyone spends differently and it depends if you do trips, how much you drink etc etc. Sorry I cannot answer about the clubs either but sure someone on the forum will.

We like Armutulan area and although its not on the beachfront you can get there really easily with the excellent dolmus service. Have a great time!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

Sorry forgot to say that theres a few fast food chains if you like that kind of thing. Theres McDonalds in Marmaris but not on the doorstep of where you are staying (more down the main road - one is near the big Migros supermarket and theres another further along the main road heading towards the marina. There is a Burger King too along near the marina.

UK
Level Contributor
910 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

According to the weather reports and message board info you can expect temps of around 40+ degrees during the day and around 28+ at night.

Phew !

glasgow
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

Hi brown girl non ov the clubs charge a entry fee but the drinks cost a bit.

10 lira a beer and vodka is more than that.

We went to a few clubs but cant mind all the names the crazy daisy was 1 of them but didnt think it was that good. The 1 next door to that sounded a lot better think it was called Ramberant . But i could be wrong.

Scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

Hi if you are going for the first time to Marmaris I have found an article which I hope will be able to give you the feel of the resort, some basic info where the supermarkets are etc not to be overcharged on food

geographicadventures.co.uk/guides/turkey/mar…

With regards to food and eating out we usually spend approx 50TL (approx £23) per couple - dinner. This price will include 3 course meal and a pint of lager. There is very good restaurant in Yunus hotel which has the fixed price menu and where you may get some discounts too –food is delicious.

There are also fast foods Burger King and McDonalds and other local ones too.

When you go to a club be careful with’ buy get one free offers’ along the shore – one drink costs 14TL (approx £6.36) – as you may be mislead by this offer. If you stop for only one drink thinking that you will pay for your one and your partner will get one free you may be surprised seeing 4 drinks and receiving the bill of 28TL to settle. This is because only the same kind of drink is free.

Regards,

Edited: 03 July 2010, 18:22
6. Re: Marmaris for the 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris