We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

Narberth...
Level Contributor
159 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

Hello,

When I search on the forum for past gulet cruise information it is either out of date or no responders.

Does anyone have recent (2009, 2010, 2011) personal (or second hand) experiences with a gulet outfit?

What company or companies are trustworthy, easy, and good quality?

What is the price range?

Which itinerary did you take and what did you think? (fun, too long, too short?)

What was the food quality?

We are thinking a seven night sounds good, but have never spent that long on a small boat.

Thank you!

Donna (Fritkis)

hull england
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

hi donna never been on a gulet cruise but my workmate has just returned from one he travelled with t cook with rota on the miranda as did polly they go every year and they say its the best holiday ever they are booking for next year direct with rota yachting and flying out on a flight only

this year they joined the gulet in marmaris sailed to dacta the island of simi rhodes and back they said the crew were great food great and the passengers got on well

just be aware if you book yourself the departure from the gulet is in the morning so you could be hanging about if your flight is later the same day

can find out more info if needed but i,m sure polly can fill any details in

hullman

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

You wo'nt get claustraphobic there's plenty of room and a lot of the passengers sleep on deck .we booked through Flights and Packages last year and this .some people had slight problems but we were satisfied both years.

we've done all the cruises and our favourite is Marmaris to Fethye,But they all have best bits.Hope this helps ..

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

We have just returned from our Saga Gulet cruise in Turkey. It was really good. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the company.the organisation was first rate and we would do this holiday again.

Narberth...
Level Contributor
159 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

thank you all. It does seem as though the companies mentioned are UK. I wonder if they would book for US. We do wish to visit Istanbul for a few days to start and/or end. I will explore further. Donna (Fritkis)

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

Try www.gulet-barefoot-cruises.com they are English owned, probably one of the cheapest with great service, nice people, nice boats and great fun.

hull england
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

16linda16

where did you spring up from

hullman

sussex
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

have you been on a gulet yet? I have been with THOMAS COOK & ANATOLIAN SKY . I am returning to Turkey for 2 weeks in Sept on 2 different gulets with ANATOLIAN SKY. It is now my favourite holiday, delicious food, fresh air, swimming snorkelling, evenings under the stars. Still keep in touch with people I have met. Last year I went a little earlier and the first week , a lot of people slept on deck. No shoes for a week or two ... bliss

Narberth...
Level Contributor
159 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

Nebeginnings -

It is still on our list....hopefully 2013 or 2014 which seems way off, but hopefully the economy will improve a bit. I will look up Anatolian Sky.

How many people (how big a boat) have you had cruised with?

After your trip ... let me know the names of the boats so I can check them out.

What jump off point to you recommend?

Donna (Fritkis)

hull england
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

hi

try derinblu yachting they run out of marmaris i beleive they do 3 day trips

hullman

20. Re: Gulet Cruise - please recommend company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 September 2012, 11:25
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris
Recent Conversations