We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kipa

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tyne and wear
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
kipa

as a family of 5 we are wanting to get a few things for sandwiches to save us money, i know there is a big supermarket called kipa, but can anybody help me with food names so i know what im buying

im looking for a nice white matture cheddar, a nice ham, crisps like quavers or skips for the baby, a scotch broth soup and a cows milk

thanks karine

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kipa

Kipa is also tesco

You can find products english name also on the covers

whitehaven
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kipa

where are you staying karine if you are near the migros you can ask the girls on the deli conters for a taste of the cheese they also have a in store bakery and rossiter of chickens plus meat counters.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kipa

Karine

I see you are staying at Golden Orange. You could also take a dolmus from there to Tanas. It will drop you off right at the door.

As Enca says KIPA has Tesco brands so you should be able to find things quite easily. They have a huge stock.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kipa

im staying at the golden orange, im not even sure how far i am away from kipa lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kipa

last year i couldnt by proper pork ham anywhere and bacon was about a tenner a pack..the family next door to us were regular visitors to marmaris and said that they brought their own ham bacon and sausages with them in their suitcases...they told me it was because Turkey is a muslim country they dont have pigs there? i dont know if theres any truth in that at all but it was definately hard to get any kind of pork apart from if you bought a cooked breakfast which most of the restaurants advertised as having 'asda' bacon lol

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kipa

thanks thats a good idea, i could take a big block of cheese aswell

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kipa

mmm,cant you take your own ham and cheese,I do along with bacon and sausage in my cool bag with ice packs,I put it in my case just before I set off and its still chilled when i get there,along with a block of butter and thats still solid as well,cheaper to buy at home.The best thing to buy there is the fresh crusty bread and tomatoes.Have a look on www.kangurum.com this is the other big supermarket Migros for prices of everything.Also if you do plan to buy a lot from the Migros and Tansas supermarkets,get a clubcard,it costs 1 lira,you get a lot of things that are on offer that week at discount prices,I got one last year and its still valid,it can save you a lot of money.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: kipa

thanks thats brilliant, just hope my suitcase can hold that much on a 25kg limit lol

karine

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kipa

25kgs limit !! your lucky,I only have 15kgs

tyne and wear
Level Contributor