We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Laugh For Today

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Your Laugh For Today

From Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some guests' complaints during the season.

1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned

3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

5. A tourist at a top African game lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

6. A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she'd been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the "do not disturb" sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.

7. "The beach was too sandy."

8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."

9. A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.

10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."

11. "We bought' Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."

12.. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

13. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment..."

14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish..."

15. "The roads were uneven.."

16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"

19. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad'"

20. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

22. "I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite."

23. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

They walk amongst us and they vote!!!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Peter & Jean. :o)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Pete

Fantastic, gave me a very early chuckle and start to the day!!!

whitehaven
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Laugh For Today

and i thought it was just me that was the crack pot peter, plenty of material for peter kay and the rest of them pal , you should be on commission from the NHS because it's saving on my happy pills today.lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Nice one PRO69. And they say "travel broadens the mind"!!

torquay
Level Contributor
356 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Laugh For Today

thats brillant,its oh so true though ,the first year we did the late night checkout daylan trip,one family didnt have any towels when we went to the mud baths and blamed the reps for not explaining to them that they werent being suppiled by the tour guide?

manchester
Level Contributor
510 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Lol lol ..... Blimey these people honestly, how do they live every day life , I bet they complain on most things in life..

They seriously need some education about life & what things r related to what..

However peter I just started my day with a huge laugh...

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Laugh For Today

thanks for the laughs x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Thanks Pete that made me giggle reading them complaints

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Laugh For Today

That's good Peter...

I think some of these people also write hotel reviews on here too!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Thankyou peter that was so funny !

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Laugh For Today

Hi audreyGlasgow,

I think you have it right...

I should have made the connection myself.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris