We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance for turkey

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance for turkey

Wow!!!! 4weeks I can't wait, I would like to thank everyone for there advice but I still need answers lol

Does turkey come under Europe for travel insurance or other world? Because my brother just got his from post office and they said it's no longer covered by Europe so he had to pay an extra £25!!!! Scandalous!!! Anybody know, I was going to get mine of the internet but need to know what it comes under want to ensure that I'm covered xxx

BELFAST
Level Contributor
130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

Directline do Travel insurance Worldwide free as part of your home insurance.

That's what I'm using. I compared it to the normal two weekly insurance you get for each holiday and it matched up. Have a look at your own policy and see if your covered. To be sure "Worldwide" will cover you!

We're off in two weeks and I'm getting more and more confused as I read the threads about various things.

HTH

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

Apparently it varies from insurer to insurer as to what they class is in the EU.

I found for me and my partner with Virgin money for £9.50 for both of us together. When I booked my holiday with thomas cook and they mentioned insurance, I told them what I found, they said theirs was £50 for 2 of us but if we take it with them they will give us a further £40.50 off to match Virgin Money.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

Hi Fran031,

Most insurers now put Turkey within Europe for travel insurance.

I am using Columbus Direct as they are one of the few that cover pre-existing medical conditions without a lot of fuss!

I have had a heart attack, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and am diabetic. They have covered it all for £45!

Go to comparethemarket.com and check it out.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 16 July 2011, 17:21
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

hi ive used 'holidayextras' and its cost just £21.50 for the 3 of us with no medical conditions

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

we got ours with directline travel got an annual one ffor under £50

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
583 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

think moneysupermarket.com.....

Lin

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

All the insurers Ive used have classed Turkey as in Europe,just check before you buy.

Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

Another good one is http://www.travelinsuranceweb.com/ prices are good, used this one for my sons insurance. :-) 3 guys for about £15 :-)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

I use Insure and Go... Me and my Gf at £45 all in... She has a nice long list of pre-existing conditions and they covered it all in the same price... but we had a huge head ache finding a competive prices...

Middlewich, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel insurance for turkey

i got a quote from the post office 3 weeks ago and it states that Turkey IS included as Europe, when you click on the wee question mark at the option to choose Europe?world bla bla bla it comes up with the explanation of what is included where.