We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

FELLOW MARMARITES...

please can someone put my mind at rest about flights for july next year, 2012...i booked 4 adult flights on the opening day of the sale of these flights, from glasgow to dalaman, 7th - 21st july before it crashed ok...i paid £151 each seat and that included the baggage allowance both ways for each passenger ok...my question is this...why is it NOW cheaper for the very same flight??????????? the exact same flight is cheaper NOW than it was on the very opening day of the flights going on sale. i'm sorry but there better be a f****n good reason why these flights are cheaper now than they were months ago..."unfair" come to mind anyone???

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

lallie2004

That is unusual. Normally the prices gradually creep up, not down! I am away to look at the website to see if prices have changed for our flight. as we also booked the minute 2012 holidays went on sale.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

lallie

Have had a closer look. Ours is a bit complicated as we are a group of 12. The system online only takes bookings for 10 and then 2 have to be booked separately. Doing a quick count tho it does look at though the price online is slightly cheaper now than it was on the first day of booking. I think it might be about £8 per person. WIll double check my figures and will await any other comments on the forum.

Cheers!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

Think they sell so many at one price and then so many at another and when they have all gone they put the price up untill the last min and if any left they sell them off cheap.

brian

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

Just had a look and mine are cheaper also,I paid 150 each with baggage and now its £138 for the same !! The prices have never gone down after the first day of sale,mmm.....maybe not a good sign.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

Checked mine for next year and they are now £8 each cheaper!!

I got ours when they first went on sale too, I've never known them to get cheaper before, only increase in price.

Not going to worry about it just now though as we leave for Hisaronu on Saturday!!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
179 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

Have just booked flights from Edinburgh on 24th June 2012 for £134 per person return with luggage this is half what we paid this year . Has anyone used these before and are they usally on time etc.

John

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

ok,...

i thought i was going off my head there...at least it isnt only me...

this next bit is even more worrying...

what i didnt say in my original post/question was that 3 days ago those flights were £215 each, i looked for my brother and his family so i know this to be a fact, £215 each 3 days ago...now, they are cheaper than mine? eh dont think so, as i said i got mine the very day,pre-crash, they opened...

this is very worrying as far as i'm concerned...how can this be possible?

thebook123, i really am sorry but in my humble opinion you are talkin p**h, there is no way on this earth that any company could work in such a manner, sorry but naaahhhh...

i'm more thinking of darker times for aegean/H4u, i cant help it but after the sh** with this years flights and now this? i just dunno, again i really hope i'm wrong but i just have a really bad feeling about this whole thing..........

Edited: 26 July 2011, 21:52
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

lallieb2004 Im thinking the same as you,I booked 2 lots of flights for next year,really hope Im wrong.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

When I flew with them last month,the night before I went I checked to see if they had reduced the flight price and it was still over £300 ! we had lots of empty seats each way.

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: URGENT:aegean flghts 2012

for gods sake...ethansnan i really wanted no-one to agree with me, i wanted everyone to tell me that i was infact off my head,lolll...unfortunately i do have worries about this whole thing, and incidentally also about this years flights, one of which i am supposed to be a passenger on this sunday. since those fri 29th flights have changed i have been keeping an open mind about WHEN i'll be flying...now its a case of ...IF i'll be flying...

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris