We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we take sandwiches through customs

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
middlesbrough uk
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can we take sandwiches through customs

Hi

we go to turkey on 4 weeks and we have not got meals on plane can i make my own sandwiches and take them in my hand luggage and go through customs with them or do i have to buy them after customs thank you it is just that i have a diabetic daughter thats all

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

Yes, you are able to take sandwiches through customs. It's only liquids that you can't. You'll have to buy those airside.

Have a great holiday.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,059 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

you can take liquids up to 100ml x10 you can buy these little bottles now for aeroplanes to fill yourself..

durham
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

or she can buy some of those irn bru scotch pies and shes got drink and food at the 1 go ,,,,,

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

We always take sandwiches for the airport. No problem with that.

Have a great holiday.

middlesbrough uk
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

Thank you to all who replied

durham
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

member and get some bottles of pop in duty free as the price of pop on the plain is very dear ,,, i get mine out of boots in newcastle airport b4 we go ,, £1.50 for bot irn bru ,,,, ,,, and thers a stall next to the ladys toilet and u get 2 bots coke exetra for£1.60 ,,getget these as it will save you ,,,

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

Hi dayo4313, i am a avid reader of these posts when the boss is not about teehee and have noticed a section on dalaman airport take a look at this link i think you can take sandwiches crisps fruit and biscuits through dalaman as well as the bottles stevie mentioned hope all is well for you and keep reading stevie goodtotravel and mattand karen will keep you right.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 11:16
Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

A lot of places in Marmaris will make you sandwiches for the airport, you can even find some in Migros to take with you. Much better than paying the airport prices where even a bottle of water can cost £2

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

When we were checking out of our hotel at 01.30 the man asked if we would like sandwiches made up! I was about to say yes please but my man got in first (and it is a first) and said no thanks.

He said we have Lira left we will spend that, what a laugh we bought 400 cigs which left us with ? Anyway we went to the cheapest eating place (a food counter) and we did not have enough for 2 cheese burgers but we gave what we had plus £2. The bill was 36TL. We got chips and a drink wi that too. We had seen places advertising to make sany's for airport and thats what we will do next time, lol. Oh and the exchange rate around the airport was only 2.28 or sumthing like that.

10. Re: Can we take sandwiches through customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris