We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting married in turkey

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
662 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
getting married in turkey

hi me and my other half have decided that we are going to get married in turkey in a cple yrs time, and just wondered if anyone had any experience of this, we are possibly looking at a package wedding hoping that this will take a lot of the hassle out of it, any advice would be greatly appreciated, eg. was it everything it promised to be, did it work out much cheaper than the uk? As I cant justify spending £10 - £15k on a wedding here, am hoping it will be much more value for money.

cheers

Steph

Bolton
Level Contributor
403 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting married in turkey

I got married in the Turkish side of Cyprus in 2005, we booked it with Anatolian Sky. we had a fab time and it was soooooo much cheaper than doing it in the uk.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting married in turkey

brill! thats what I was hoping for, would prefer to spend much less in a beautiful place than a fortune in rainy stoke! cheers kerensa x

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting married in turkey

I got married in Turkey, we only had a small wedding and it was so much cheaper than if we had done it in the UK.

We organised it ourselves, it involved quite a bit of running about though and if you don't have a Turkish speaker with you it may be difficult.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting married in turkey

We went to a wedding of our friends last year in Icmeler,she got hers all organised through Icmelertravelcentre,they were great,the woman who arranges it all is Carol,a Scottish lady,who also translated throughout the ceremony.

glasgow
Level Contributor
592 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting married in turkey

hi we are getting married out there nxt yr and went over this year to plan everthing. The owner of our apartments sorted the lot for us he took us to flower shop cake shop turkish and british embassy,s so i have a really good idea of what to do nxt yr. some of the prices are unbelivable like the cake and flowers are so cheap over there .

The only problem is we need to book new flights due to agean going bust

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting married in turkey

thanks for all the advice, any doubts I had are now gone, cheers all!

steph

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,805 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting married in turkey

i know ill be called a traitor but take a peek at Olu Deniz for your wedding.... most hotels have wedding suites and theres lots of wedding organisers there.... get married down at the famous blue lagoon you would love it... there was a couple weddings whilst we were there in june and they all loved it when speaking to them afterwards. matt

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting married in turkey

thanks mattandkaren, sort of got my hopes set on the marti deluxe in icmeler, but will take a peek at that one too

blackpool
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting married in turkey

Hi Steph,

We are renewing our vows on the beach in Marmaris on 13th Sept with Olu deniz weddings/Marmaris. all sorted. (See the web site)

Will let you know if it goes well then maybe this will help you make your mind up.

Louise

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getting married in turkey

The wedding we went to last year was at the Marti,it was fabulous.You have a terraced area overlooking the beach,the tables were dressed lovely,and the food was the best.A wedding I will never forget,1st class.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris