We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in june

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
weather in june

hi we are going to icemeler in june first time to turkey can someone please give us some info on weather,best eats,best bars,best buys on clothing etc.

infact all round info on icemeler would be great thanx in advance.

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
935 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in june

weather should be good we go to marmaris beginning of june always nice. cant help with iclemar though only been on day trip was lovely though. theres plenty of boat trips and visiting places.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in june

same here, we go to marmaris and in june its hot,very hot, around 30degrees! as icmeler is only half hour up the road it wil be the same.icmeler have a good market every wednesday you will get good bargains there but you have to haggle the turks expect it so you wont offend them!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in june

thanx for the quick replies any other info on icmeler would great thanx again

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in june

been to icemeler twice but a prefer marmaris plenty of great resturants to eat and drink but i cant remember the names my friends daughter is married to a turk and they work the season in icmeler so a will find out about bars and resturants for you it was 9 years when we went so a lot has changed names icmeler is small conpared to marmaris and we had 3 teenage boys so we spent every night in marmaris and we havent went anywhere else since we love turkey the boat trips are fab but shop around go down to the front and remember to haggle even for a boat trip!!! the market is on a wednesday but marmaris is on a thursday same market haggle for everything if they say 20 u say 8 and then work your way up to what you want to pay ive had many a bargain!! even in the jewellers and leather shops enjoy your time in icmeler and a will get back to you with the names of pubs and resturants

glasgow
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in june

icmeler is fab. Try Titanic restuarant. We are going 30/6/06. Weather is like a furnace so wear the factor 25 to start with if you don't have a base Tan. Book all trips down at beach front and not through tour ops (rip off). If going to Marmaris take boat trip. Marmaris is a bit like Blackpool compared to Icmeler. one day is enough unless you want to go clubbing. Try taking English notes to exchange as you will get a better deal in bars and shops etc. Watch out for rip off prices on sun loungers. vary from £2 to £8 per person. Not as cheap as it was 5 years ago. Been 8 times now and prices are quickly catching up with other hot spots.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in june

Each to there own I hate Marmaris, Icemeler is big enough lots of bars and restraunts, try a boat trip around the bay to Turunc, may be have lunch there plenty of choice but quiter, the harbour in Marmaris is nice so again a boat trip, walk around the harbour loads of cafe's. I think the weather in June is just about right, early June was quite nippy in the evening last year, but days should be pleasant enough to spend time lounging about without frying. Trips are great lazy days at sea, jeep safari, daylian delta, the gorge, turkish baths. Plenty of fake clothing, but really barter down, cheap belts, shoes towels,etc. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in june

Hi Jonnyboy,

Me and my partner went to Icemeler last July and I can say it is HOT, HOT, HOT! There are plenty of hotels and bars to escape for a while though. We stayed in a budget hotel called the EMIRHAN, but it was fine. Basic, but clean.

All the people are so friendly, gets a bit tireing once you hit your second week though! They all try to get you to eat in their restaurants, shop in their shops etc.

Food was cheap out there, although the drinks did push the price up, especially spirits. The local beer is called EFES and is really gassy, I am not a beer drinker, but my partner is!!!! By about the third night he was ready to have a breakdown!! Needless to say we ha to search the whole of Icemeler for a shop which sold BECKS. It was worth the treck to see the look of relief on his face when he finally found it.

Not sure what you are into food wise?? But there was a posh restaurant called "The Love Boat". Pricey compared to everywhere else but worth it if you like that sort of thing? Most of the restaurants sell the same sort of thing and we never had a bad meal the whole time we were there!

We went on a boat trip to the Mud baths, carvings in the cliffs and a beach where one side was sea water and the other was fresh water. The trip lasted a whole day and only cost about £8, including lunch.

The markets are great if you don't mind knock off's. My partner is a golfer and was buying up the Lacoste fred perrys, they were 4 for £10. Handbags are great, but thats probably not your kind of thing!

Marmaris is only about 10 mins up the road and costs next to nothing to get there if you take the bus (more of a minibus).

Sorry i have just realised I am babbling on!!!!!!

If you want to know anything else in particular just ask.

BigOldWorrier

Mentioned in this post
The Love Boat
The Love Boat
866 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
englanduk
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in june

hi jonnyboy me and wife going in june scorching we go twice a year three bells brill best sunday lunch massive yorkshires indoor market very cheap every designer fake u can get market on wednesday madhouse u can buy it all if not careful watch your baggage allowance very strict at dalaman very cosmopolitan lovely place u will enjoy it same as anywhere else watch your pockets in market many pickpockets keep your wits about u be okay cheers

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in june

wee tip drink the bottled effes and not the draft as the draft is very full of gas