We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmus Routes

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dolmus Routes

I wonder if anyone can help - my sister and I are hoping to stay at the Marsyas Hotel next year - the main rd nearest is called Hasan Isik Cad which seems to have the Royal Maris at the botom of it.

Does anyone know if the Dolmus goes down this road - my sister has some mobility problems and last year we ended up getting taxis everywhere.

We do have somewhere more accessible in mind too but I particularly like the look of this hotel.

Thanks

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolmus Routes

Hi Debs,

Just to the right of your post is a link "Dolmus Lines & Info" have a look at that.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolmus Routes

hi debie right dolmus front the tansas number 2 blue bus is armutalan route.stop You close to the marmaris thursday market

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolmus Routes

Thanks Peter & Jean although that post is useful for telling you what colour goes to which desination it doesn't have any detail on the actual route.

Enca - how close is the Marsyas to the Thursday market - how long to walk?

I also think this means taking one Dolmus to Tansas and then one from there along the sea fron (long beach) and Icmeler

Is this right?

Thanks

hull england
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolmus Routes

debs

depending were the hotel is it may be as easy to walk up to the main road rather than catch two buses

hullman

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolmus Routes

Debs154

It does say this on the website:

"the local bus stops 70m away so all areas of Marmaris are easily accessible. With the local Thursday market right on the doorstep The Marsyas Hotel is ideally situated for those who want to be centrally located"

http://www.marsyashotel.com/

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolmus Routes

Come out of the Hotel and walk down the road, at the corner turn left for the Thursday Market or turn right for the main road (Hasan Isik Cad) where you can get either the No.2 or No.3 Armutalan Dolmus (white with blue stripe) to the Tansas. All the main Dolmus routes depart from the Tansas.

If you want to travel along the beach front (longbeach area), you can catch either the Siteler Dolmus (white with green stripe) or the Icmeler Dolmus (white with orange stripe).

Alan

hull england
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolmus Routes

good one alan except tansas won,t be there all the names of cads means nothing to people who don,t know the resort

hullman

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolmus Routes

Thanks to everyone for their help - I do know where Tansas is as we were there this year'

Hullman - it depends on how long the walk is as my sister has quite bad artritis and sciatica.

She is ok as long as she is within a few minutes walk of a dolmus.

I will keep investigating - thanks again.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolmus Routes

The Dolmus route is only a few minutes walk from your Hotel. The beach front is approximately 10 minutes walk away.

For people who don't know the resort or understand the maps, Cad (Cadde or Caddesi) means Road.

Alan

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolmus Routes

only couple of minutes walk

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris