We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi to icmeler

Devon
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi to icmeler

Hello - can anyone tell me if it's easy to find the water taxi in Marmaris that goes back to Icmeler (where we will be staying) as we plan on doing the Icmeler to Marmaris walk along the sea front and fancy going back a different way.

thanks

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,900 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi to icmeler

yes easy youl see all the water taxis at the start of the marina behind statue next to bridge..

Stevie

Devon
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi to icmeler

That's very helpful- many thanks

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi to icmeler

Hi opalisa,

As Stevie says.

It is a large statue of Kemel Ataturk.

You can't miss the taxis as the men call out their destinations.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 16 February 2012, 16:31
Ammanford, Wales...
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi to icmeler

Dont worry Opalisa they will find You !!!!! lol

Devon
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water taxi to icmeler

Thank you all for your help

One more question please - where else can you go by water taxi from Icmeler or Marmaris

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water taxi to icmeler

You can also go to Turunc from Marmaris or Icmeler ..

Its a lovely little resort with a a few bars and resteraunts along the beach front and the road behind the beach very nice and relaxing alot of the boat trips come in to Turunc from Icmeler and Marmaris for an hour ashore..We have holidayed there twice in the past and love it ...

WENDY

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: water taxi to icmeler

Hi, I didnt know Icmiler was within walking distance of Marmaris. This sounds lovely. Can you tell me how long it would take to walk at a leisurely pace [ with kids and grandparents ] Also how much it would cost roughly for the water taxi.

Thanks again:)

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: water taxi to icmeler

Depends where bouts in Marmaris you're walking from! Its a lovely walk and all on the flat - Defo worth it. Cant remember exactly how much the water taxi is but Im pretty sure it was only a couple of pound each last year. Takes about 20 mins to get from Marmaris marina on the water taxi to icmeler. Its a lovely ride that hugs the coast so you get to see the resort and all the beautiful scenery as you leisurely sail past. Oh i wish i was there! :)

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,900 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: water taxi to icmeler

PandD0141 the walk would take yous about 1 hour n half theres plenty of bars or restuarants to stop of on the way for a cold refreshment best to do it early morning to miss mid day heat. the water taxi will cost you 10lira wi kids free...

cheers

Stevie

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: water taxi to icmeler

thanks suz and stevie. will def try and walk it this year. Not to sure how far we will get though.....not because of it being so far, but because of other members of the party wanting to sample the wares of the pubs on the way.....but not me ofcourse.lol