We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
felixstowe
Level Contributor
304 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

Im looking at day trips and decided on all inc boat trip- aqua park- and the horse riding.

Im just a little concerned about the horse riding cos i have 2 children, 13 year old and 15 year old girl with special needs(moderate learning difficulties)...

Any advice appreciated.

xx

douglas
Level Contributor
569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

I haven't been on the horse riding trips but have heard some not-so-good reports of ill treatment of the animals at these places. Maybe someone else could be more specific but it's certainly a consideration when booking.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

hi again shazzy, im sure you will enjoy any trips you book in resort especially the boat trip and aqua park with the girls. ive done horse riding in turkey but in hisaronu not marmaris and we thoroughly enjoyed it, my 6yo at the time was given her own horse but had a guide with her at all times so im pretty sure if you ask when booking about your concerns something would be arranged to ease your worry.,, the trips can be booked at all of the many kiosks all over the resort.... i cant reccomend a particular ranch as not used any but im sure others have.... if you look around the trips threads theres 1 or 2 companys that get great reviews on here if you email erkan_eric@hotmail.com we have used him many times as have others on the forum with great experiences... others will reccomend other companies but if you explain what you need etc im sure eric would accomodate you. matt

glasgow
Level Contributor
611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

We went to the horse safari last year and really enjoyed it . At the time my daughter was 6 and she rode with the tour guide happy. The horses were well looked after and not worked to hard as there were 2 groups of horses . I think the ride lasted for about 1 and a half hours and would do it again.

Its just somthing different and the kids will love it.

hull england
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

i would think where you book your boat trip they will be able to book the horse riding when you book a boat trip the boat will have people on from different travel shops so i would think booking a horse riding trip the travel shops will more or less use the same ranch and whoever you pick be sure they will accomodate you i use oxford travel a guy called ozzy and he is as good as anyone

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

is oxford travel part of ago travel hullman just out of curiosity? matt

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,137 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

nope 2 different trip agencys just round the corner fi each other.. and they dont all use the same ranches theres a few they use which makes it important to ask when you book cause some of them are just quad bike places wi a few horses..

Stevie

Edited: 22 February 2012, 21:42
hull england
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

don,t know the answer to that one matt thought it was a independent outfit just the nearest to us so always used them it,s really the only one i can comment on

is this the ago travel opposite the epic hotel

hullman

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

not sure hullman, i know absolutely nothing about armutalan except september bar and tgcsh, thats it lol. oh and things i know about ago but i wont discuss on topic. matt

hull england
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

matt thats why i thought it was a funny question i have seen those people at work and i,ve never seen people from both shops together don,tthink there is any connection hope there is no connection

hullman

felixstowe
Level Contributor
304 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you done a horse ride trip in Turkey?

Thanks you all for your replys.

Havin been to marmaris a few times years ago (about 5 lol) I know the turkish would never put children at risk as they love them.(and the blondes haha)

I have a friend who is a rep for thomsons out there, so she can probably give me some good advice to. as she is home on Saturday.(she married a turk, so now lives there).

I do love this forum, Well done to everyone that gives such good advice all the time, it really is appreciated. xx

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris