We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2012 trips

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
2012 trips

Just saw some prices for this years trips on another forum.

All inc boat trip..£9

Turkish Bath...£5

Jeep Safari...£10

Dalyan trip to mud baths..£14

Looks like we will be getting some good deals again this season.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2012 trips

Thanks ethansnan thats good to know. Roll on May!

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2012 trips

Hi all,

On the surface this seems like a good thing for the poor holiday maker.

However, to get their prices down there are bound to be cuts elsewhere!

What worries me, especially with the boat and jeep safari trips is that the first thing to be cut back is the insurance, which is one of the most expensive but also most important items.

A few years ago (not in Marmaris) there were several cases of trips being organised with poor or even no insurance. People only found this out when there were accidents.

Another thing to suffer will be the servicing of the equipment.

I am not saying do not do these trips as they are both great fun. Just remember to ask about their insurance.

Remember if an offer seems to be too good to be true then it probably is. Caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware!

Peter & Jean. :o)

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2012 trips

Valid point Peter,another issue is the refreshments,I'd noticed before that the drink cups get smaller especially on the lazy day cruise but I think a lot of trips are different,that's what made us choose the mega Diana and paying a fair price.

Bob

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2012 trips

Good morning Bob,

Whilst I can understand people wanting to get cheap trips, especially if they have children or are on a limited budget; we look forward to our holiday all year and, like you will happily pay a little extra for a "quality" product.

Having said that, we did the £10 all in trips twice last year and had great fun. Yes the beer was out of a big plastic bottle and was NOT Efes, but it was cold, fizzy and drinkable.

This year we will try to fit in four trips. Two will possibly be the £10 specials, one will probably be the boat trip organised by Sharon and one will be on Mega Diana.

We will try to do the more expensive ones first, then if we are suitably iimpressed we will go again and give the cheaper ones a miss.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2012 trips

I can't be absolutely certain (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe that the correct insurance has to be held for the boat trips for them to get their certificate to enable them to do the trips. I know that on the Bodrum peninsula, all the boats have to be checked out and given a licence to do trips - and they insist on seeing that all the paperwork is correct before issuing the licence.

Also, if the agency you book your trip with is licenced by Tursab, I am sure they have to have the correct insurance.

I think the cuts will come on drinks, etc.

Jak xx

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2012 trips

Hi Jac,

You are probably quite right in what you say.

However having an insurance certificate does not always mean that the insurance is any good.

But I think that these days Turkey is well up on what is now required.

As you say, it will be the drink and also the food that will suffer.

Also I am sure that the workers will suffer in their pockets in an attempt to keep prices competitive.

We always try to reward good service when on trips as we know that the workers are, in general, poorly paid.

So come on guys, don't forget, if you have enjoyed your "cheap" day out, give generously to you waiters etc.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2012 trips

That is a very good point Peter and is something I have never considered in the past. However in future I will certainly practice.

Martin.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,129 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2012 trips

Peter these prices that Chris has put up are from the company that own the biggest boat in Marmaris a'm sure they are just this cheap cause they are trying to get as much early web money in the bank as they can well before the season starts they wont be this cheap when the season starts..

Stevie

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2012 trips

Spot on Stevie the company advertising these prices do own the biggest boat in Marmaris.As Jak said the boats do have to have insurance to run the trips,when I have been on jeep safaris the drivers have been stopped by the police to check their insurance and all paperwork,this is done regular.

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2012 trips

Hi,biggest boat in marmaris? ORCA?

Bob

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris