We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Hi Guys!

Where would you suggest for 4 lads to holiday in the first week of July. We know it isn't going to be as mad as Malia but where has the best nightlife?

I've been to Marmaris before but with the family so partying til 6am didn't really occur every night :P

Thanks for any messages back in advance.

G.

sunderland
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

been to both and marmaris wins hands down just for the sheer size of the resort.gumbet is quite small, bodrum has the halikarnas disco we never visited it but it seemed popular with the youth.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 14:36
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Wow, well you've certainly asked the question there - you're bound to get votes for both places. My recommendation would be Gumbet. Yes it is smaller than Marmaris but good things come in small packages!! It's got loads of bars - and this year Bar Street has had a revamp with lots of rebuilds and new names.

As an added bonus, you can catch the dolmus into Bodrum (10 minutes max) for a complete change of scene and a new choice of bars and clubs (although Halikarnas was closed last year and I haven't heard it's opening this year). There's the catamaran which goes out to sea and you can party on there until the very, very early/late hours of the morning.

There's a whole loads of bars/clubs in both Gumbet and Bodrum and I'm sure you'd have a great time there.

Jak xx

glasgow
Level Contributor
633 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Never been to gumbet but my family have and said it was very quiet so for me ut has to be the marmaris.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Gumbet - quiet? Never heard that comment about Gumbet before!!

Jak xx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

weve been to gumbet and wasnt a fan, maybe because we are used to marmaris.. found gumbet more expensive too, you can get a ferry and visit altinkum from there tho which wasnt expensive. matt

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,642 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Didnt like Gumbet or Bodrum,trips are more expensive there as well,Marmaris and Icmeler everytime for me now,do want to try somewhere else in Turkey but dont want to be disappointed again.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

u tried olu deniz chris? we went last year. yes it wernt busy enough for us but we did enjoy the atmosphere of the place and other resorts within dolmus distance... would go again but only for a week.... marmaris area suits us better. matt

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

Gümbet wins for me! I didn't like Marmaris, it was far too big. Gümbet is very lively but all in a smaller area. We also found Marmaris a lot more expensive.

sunderland
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

marmaris more expensive????? weve done quite a few resorts in turkey now and hand on heart i can honestly say marmaris is way cheaper than the others ive visited. as an example we couldnt find a breakfast in olu deniz for any cheaper than 10tl and that didnt include a cuppa. it didnt spoil my holiday but it isnt nice walking round these places thinking i wish id gone to marmaris or listening to your mrs keep saying look at the price of that it was only x amount in marmaris lol

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marmaris Vs Gumbet

I just know that we found Marmaris more expensive than Gümbet.