We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please support local bars and restaurants

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
please support local bars and restaurants

going to marmaris end July for 2 weeks.couldn't believe how quiet it was last year up the back of Armatulan area near Club Alpina, Amadeus Rest etc. This was down to more and more hotels going A/I or half board.Some owners were even saying they might not open this year.Hopefully they do as there are some wonderful restaurants up this part of town.If this continues I think it will be detrimental to the area as more and more places will close, So please pop out of your hotel and buy a few drinks and a meal and support an area I. have become very fond of. Allan.

Ammanford, Wales...
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

AI is not for me especially in Marmaris as you have so much choice of great places to eat and drink, thats the main attraction for me, and food/drink is fairly cheap so go out and enjoy

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

Unfortunately this is happening in a lit of resorts as more and more hotels are going AI. It is very bad for the local economy and will undoubtably have a bad affect in the resorts themselves.

It is something I have been saying for some years now.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

to be fair we would never go all inclusive to marmaris but can understand some families have no choice, the economy here in the uk is terrible and we all have to budget... those of us that can afford to go on self catering holidays are lucky, well i class myself as lucky. if i had more than 2 kids id deffo think about all inclusive as cokes,ice creams etc mount up. matt

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,035 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

Alan your spot on m8 but last year Armutalan was quite because of Aegean and H4U going bust..

as for the restaurants a know a few very well known 1s that were thinking of selling up before this season some of them are going to go before it hits them hard they can see the impact All Inc is having in Marmaris and its not good :(((

Stevie

Lerwick, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

After going AI for the first time ever in Egypt ( never again)

We will certainly be supporting the bars and restaurants in and around Marmaris : )

Turkish food is soooo good!

North Shields
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

We always go either half board flexi-dine or self catering as the restaurants are such a nice experience and such a reasonable price with lovely food that we feel we would be missing out. I too think that with Holidays 4 U going bust last year this did not help at all. We are going back in August and are going to use the flexi-dine option at Club Alpina again as it means we can eat in the hotel for 6 nights and eat out for 5 during our 11 night stay. I agree though people should continue to support the local bars and restaurants as you need to get out of the confines of your hotel and explore and meet some of the Turkish people who are the nicest people I have met whilst holidaying!

Motherwell...
Level Contributor
456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

Hi

as a family i will be supporting local bars resturants this is one of the main parts of our holiday we have tried all inclusive and wasnt for us up filing childs plate then back for your own dinner dont think we sat down for a full meal together. I love sampling local food and not be restricted to whats on offer each day with ai.

Sharon x

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,968 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

Hi Alan,

As with the others above, we are fortunate in being able to afford to self-cater and mostly eat and drink out.

As said, it is reasonable that those with a more limited budget and several mouths to feed would opt for A/I. It is easy to understand why.

Hopefully Jean & I will never be in the position that forces us to go that route. However, as Jean is already retired and I will be retiring in 2 years there may come a time where financial restraints force us to try A/I so I will not say “never”! Better an A/I holiday in Marmaris, than none at all.

It is to be hoped that the restaurants and bars that are feeling the pinch will weather the storm and see it through.

We will certainly be doing our bit by using the bars and restaurants both inside and outside our hotel.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

Always stayed Bed & Breakfast or Self Catering, best way to stay in Marmaris. Apart from making the odd sarnie in the Apartment all my eating & drinking is either in the place I'm staying at or out & about in the backstreets of the resort or in the Armutalan area.

I have always supported the local bars, restaurants & the local mini-supermarkets and will continue to do so.

Alan

scotland
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: please support local bars and restaurants

we always used to go all inc till my daughter turned 12 then she was charged as a full paying adult. We go self catering now and get her free cos most places its up until they are 16. I would never go all inclusive in Turkey because there is so much to do, see and eat lol x

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris