We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fife
Level Contributor
77 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

Looking at going to Marmaris for the first time later in the year but I have heard a lot of negative reviews about the transfer time is it really bad? As the resort is so popular?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

It depends on many things. If you go on the tour operators coach it will take longer than a private transfer. Often you will have to wait on stragglers getting on a big coach if, for example, people are having to wait on their luggage you may be waiting half an hour before you actually leave the airport. Then you may have a comfort stop of around 20 mins. It will depend how many drops off the driver has and where your hotel is located. You may be lucky and be one of the first drop offs or you may be the last. Transfer time can be up to 3 hrs. On the other hand private taxi / transfer will leave right away and the journey can be done in around 90 mins (depending on where you are staying in Marmaris and the speed of the driver) Theres lots of posts about transfers on the forum. Take time to read them and you will get an idea of other peoples experiences.

Ammanford, Wales...
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

Goodtotravel is right, so its really its up to you, after years of using the coaches, I now go private transfer for about £70 for two return, at least you arrive a more relaxed, and in time for a sneaky little drink on your first night

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

the coach transfer dosent bother me as the time seems to go quick as iam so eager to get there lol plus i luv to nose at the hotels that poeple r stayin in lol ....... maria

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

Im the same Maria .... as long as Im in Marmaris thats all that matters to me ...

hull england
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

the transfer is not that bad and with marmaris at the end of the road its well worth it the place is jam paced with tourists in summer if the transfers were that bad we would not go

hullman

6. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 21:35
Fife
Level Contributor
346 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

Our transfer last year with Thomson was really quick, there were only 5 couples on the bus and it made a really speed journey to Marmaris (with no comfort stop) where we stopped in the outskirs of the town and split up into individual taxis. We were the only couple going to the Marbella and were there in no time at all. I was really dreading the transfer but it all went quite smoothly........so much so I will be doing it again in 3 weeks time.

Ann

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

We have just came back and we had a private transfer it took us 1 hour 10 minutes there were people on a tour operator coach that left befor us at hotel and it took 3 hours we paid £100 return for a private transfer

9. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2016, 19:00
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marmaris Transfer Time from Airport

We arrive at silly o clock so saving half an hour or so on transfer time makes no difference to us.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris