We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Gems

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Gems

As anyone used this company to book a holiday ... if so what did u think of them ?

Kaz x

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,764 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Gems

From what i have read about them on holidaytruths I would stay clear of them.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Gems

Thank you xx

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,871 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi limaralady,

This is a previous post about them.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298033-i793-k36…

As ethansnan syas... does NOT look good.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Gems

Deffo doesnt look good at all .... Im looking else where thank you xxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi limalady - have you tried alpharooms - some good deals on there for next year :-)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Gems

cheers Debs xx

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Gems

As mentioned in a number of reviews on this website the customer service you can expect from Holiday Gems is likely to be less than acceptable. I boked online on a Friday as the price I was quoted was far cheaper than I could find from elsewhere. After booking I was told I would get a call back to 'confirm my booking' I assumed this was where they would bump the price up, right on cue the next day I recieve a phone call from Jacqi a sales rep from HG stating that despite her very best efforts that the flight prices would be increased. I was kind of expecting this and the price quoted remained in budget so I said to proceed with the booking. after confirming I realised that I had been provided no information by the sales rep about what was actually included in the price I had paid (rookie mistake I know) so I called back within 10 minutes of puttign the phone down to be told the sales rep was busy and I would get a call back within the next 10 minutes. MOnday morning arrives without any contact from HG so I decided to contact them again (at my own cost 10p per minute) after spending 10 minutes on hold I get through to another young women with an attitude problem. After trying to resolve an issue regarding baggge allowence which I was assured I had paid for in the original price only to find out after confirmation that the only baggage I would be allowed would be hand luggage. I was spoken to like absolute dirt by the operator who repeatedly said 'well you should have read properly' over and over again until I got annoyed and gave up. I requested a call back off a 'sales manager' which to her credit she contacted me the same day, however the reason for this was to try and incur more charges onto my account. she was un interested in the complaints I had about two of her members of staff and was repeatedly tring to add the additional baggage charges to my account. After loosing all faith in speaking to a decent human being at HG i attempted to cancel my holiday only to be told that I would effectivly loose 80% of the payment they had already charged to my account as per teirrefund policy. All in all I got nowhere after spending hours on the phone with various sales reps and after my bad experience with this company I would not recomend anybody to use this company. There are many other websites around offering similar prices who can also provide better customer service.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,871 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi Andrew G,

Welcomne to the forum.

Many thanks for taking the time to come on here and putting up this informative post.

Hopefully it will save one or two travelers from being caught by this company.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Gems

Ohh dear thinks thats a company we all should stay away from ..... that wasnt very good at all .... thanks for the information x

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Gems

Im having a absolute nightmare with them bkd holiday on line got the phone call to say it was not available so they got me another going day after original booking i was told id recieve an email confirming this then day after was phoned again to say only two seats left as id bkd for 6 i told them to cancel two days later full cost has come out of the bank and inbetween as i was told it was cancelled i reboiked with another company daniel who bkd holiday with gems has admitted he didnt update his system so james who rang regarding seats did not no it was already bkd who it turns out are brothers i only recieved email 6days after bking also after arguing for an hour with them that its there fault they are very rude couldnt give a dam about any querues complaints and faults i am going to trading standards and other legal advice