We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seats together?

Manchester
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
seats together?

hi guys

got a question about being seated together, i have never pre booked seat for our holidays but have always been seated together. just read multitrippers post saying they were on either side of the isle but still together. has anyone been seperated if they dont prebook seats?

the more i think about it 4 hours away from her isnt that bad really. haha

cantona.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seats together?

We've never pre-booked seats and have always sat together. There is no way I would pay extra.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seats together?

unfortunately now adays companys that sell flights now have the added option after you have paid for your flights to go into the booking system online and book what seats you want to sit in for an extra cost each way of your flight!

gone are the days of turning up to the terminal and hoping you will sit beside loved ones on the flight!

just another way of corpertations making money out of joe blogs!

Brian.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seats together?

We always pre book seats because we actually LIKE to sit apart - or together as the case maybe! Always choose aisle seats so that we can both get up and down as often as we like without disturbing anyone. i think it is well worth paying the extra - would hate to be sandwiched between window and aisle seat. With all due respect to you men out there, you do take up a lot of room with your long legs lol.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,721 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seats together?

I have never pre booked seats and we have always been given seats together,we always get to the airport about 3 hours before.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seats together?

unfortunately now when especially you book online and unfortunately if you book through travel agents and other agents outwith the internet!

all bookings online now give you for an extra charge each way to go into the booking system online and choose your seats each way of your flight.

just a scam now adays for people to pay extra on top of their flight for people that like myself who have anxiety problems!

they are just trying to pray on people now to make more money out of us now!

And unfortunately if you have booked through agents outwith the internet its just your luck what seat you get now.

Brian

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seats together?

If i book a package we always prebook our seats infact just selected them other week for our june holiday,but if i do a booking with say travel republic etc,,i don't usualy prebook seats,having said that we have only ever been either side of the aisle ,so not realy split up when we have not done it..

Years ago when you prebooked seats the holiday company selected them for you but now you can go online and actulay pick your own.

We have mainly prebooked seats so that if our coach was last to the airport on the return journey and we were at the back of the que,we were not bothered as we new we were sat together..

WENDY

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seats together?

We have never pre booked seats and have always been seated together. Have met people at airports that have pre booked and then been allocated seats apart on check in.

The small print states that they cannot guarantee seats together anyhow!

We have also been told more than once by check in staff that if you do not pre book an inflight meal you're seats are pre allocated at the rear of the aircraft so you wouldn't need to have pre booked maybe this is why we have always been together.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seats together?

depending on what travel provider you are with if you have paid online for your holiday flights etc!

can cost a sum of money each way for you to have a seat together or wherever you wish to sit on the flight!

unfortunately now adays holiday comany trying to get whatever money they can get!

if you are worried about this i would take this up with your booking comany but unfortunately like most comanys they will probs take a fee!

it's a sad day now aday that you can't just turn up and sit where you wan't

but unfortunately theses comapnies want every penny they can get out of us now!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seats together?

edgerswife wendy_fisher

i must apologise in advance and as has been said their is no way in some circumstances that seats on a plane can be certain when booking!

i am sure with the major firms they may book certain seats for many people in advance!

and the more i write i'm sorry and it sounds as if i may be scare mongering and don't mean to and i apologise!

i am just sharing from experiance and now adays with dealing from technology nowadays.

just saying that people booking online nowadays now have the option for when paying online have the option of paying extra money to pick their seats well in advancebefore flying to their destination!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seats together?

I have not booked online i have booked through a thomsons shop as i have done in the past but for the last 3 years If you give an email address they send you an email with the seat plan of the plane and you select yiur own seats and they then send you a confirmation of this and when you het your tickets your seat number is on the ticket,,,Thomsons do not do inflight meals either now on flights less thaan 6 hours..,

WENDY