We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad flyer

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
bad flyer

im a really really bad flyer after a bad experience coming home from Turkey about 4 years ago with a certain airline and dont think im the only person to have a bad experience with them ...., before this i was a confident flier and never had any problems at all, has anyone got any tips on how to be less anxious while flying? dont want another repeat of 2 years ago after scaring all the passengers by screming to get off the plane while taking off.... lol

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad flyer

have a few drinks that way you wont worry about a wing falling off, crashing into the sea or hearing the creeking as you take off and land :P

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad flyer

yip have a few drinks before you go on and sleep all the way to Dalaman :)))

Stevie

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad flyer

Pmsl @Matt you tight bugger :))))))

Martin.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad flyer

aw dont Matt im bad enough as it is haha, think thats going to be my best bet wish it was an afternoon flight rather than 7am! dont know if i can stomach Vodka at that time of the morning haha

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad flyer

i was always a confident flyer until my daughter was born,. spent the next 3 years bein terrified... then decided enough was enough and went to visit my neighbour who is a senior pilot for a chinese cargo airline, he went through absolutely everything in detail, noises etc etc and been ok last few years. matt

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bad flyer

My mrs is a bad flyer, I`ll just ply her with drinks in the AI lounge then she wont break my hand as we take off and land like she normally does.

Martin.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bad flyer

Matt you been drinking ?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bad flyer

ye stevie but thats the truth lol

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,549 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bad flyer

Nothing can be worse than when we flew from Miami to Bahamas some years ago,we booked an 8 seater plane privately just for us all the pilot made about 10 attempts at trying to close the door !!,flew through a storm,how it rocked,I can only describe it as flying in a transit van through the air !!,not to mention on the same holiday flying from Nassau to Freeport trying to avoid passing through a squall !!!.........and I still love flying, never put me off lol

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bad flyer

a believe yi you could never make something like that up PMSL

Stevie

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris