We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight changes

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
flight changes

does anybody know why most of the tour operator`s are changing and cancelling flights to dalaman this year . our`s from dalaman is now via exeter on return adding longer on our journey .

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight changes

More then likely due to the downturn in bookings due to the bird flu panic earlier in the year

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight changes

hi suki1964. that`s what i thought but t. cook says that as flights are done so far in advance that untill near the time that is when they are done!! they call it a minor agustment. i dont think it`s minor when im losing a few hours on my hols

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight changes

Id believe that if it were just Thomas Cook, but from what Im reading its all tour operators operating from the uk.

essex
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight changes

yes we are going with first choice and our flights have changed from 2pm to 7am quite a difference

wales
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: flight changes

My flights with Thomas Cook in June and August have both changed,via Exeter on return flight its such a pain leave Marmaris earlier and travel longer not pleased when i recieved that letter.Going in May with First Choice and up till now that has'nt changed.Fingers crossed hope it stays that way

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight changes

suki/stosyth/malula it must be a all round problem i know luton in june got cancelled we were meeting friends we meet same hotel+dates for the last few years so that hols been cancelled and now they have changed my oct flights .but whatever they change it wont keep me from going

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight changes

Ive also read that First Choice have actually closed one of their new hotels in Saragarime - the Pegesos Tropical - until July, moving all their bookings to the Palace as they are both only half full. Both hotels sold exlusively to the UK

rhondda.s/wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight changes

Hi all. Maybe Turkey is not so popular this year . Could be that the prices have risen so much that poeple are now looking else were .We go to the same hotel same dates every year in june and this year it had gone up £300 for the to of us

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight changes

im going to marmaris in august with thomas cook from glasgow and so far our flights havent been changed yet. fingers crossed

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris