We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand luggage on return

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hand luggage on return

Hi,

Just to let you know when we flew back last week all hand luggage was weighed and excess was being charged at £14 a kilo

j and j

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,915 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hand luggage on return

cheers for that, just shows the it does actually happen sometimes, we sometimes take for granted that ours wont be weighed, 1 day we will get caught out. matt

sheffield
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hand luggage on return

Hi Mattandkaren

We were well over so i just took stuff out and stood with it my arms the girl weighed it again said thats now ok we walked away and put the stuff back in the holdall

keith

Edited: 04 June 2012, 15:54
yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,915 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hand luggage on return

lol keith....best way, last year the queues were horrendous took well over an hour to go thru check in and flights were due for leaving so they were rushing every1 through... we was a fair few kilos over our weight allowance and they let us go.... never in all my time have i ever heard of that happening... matt

sheffield
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hand luggage on return

It seems like they are charging £10 to get in and as much as they can to get out

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hand luggage on return

What would happen if you didnt have any money to pay the excess?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,915 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hand luggage on return

lock you up for years lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hand luggage on return

No tell because there must be loads that run out of money. lol dont forget im thinking of myself here going with all my kids and grandkids and i dont wanna be forking out at the airport lol cos there will only be me with money left oh and i have got scales so they will all have to weigh there cases lol

sheffield
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hand luggage on return

Audrey,

We bought some scales and weighed our cases in the hotel and the cases were about half a kilo under but when we weighed them while we were waiting to check in they weighed half a kilo over.

I really dont know what would happen i think you would have to dump the excess weight.

keith

Edited: 04 June 2012, 17:09
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hand luggage on return

Buy some luggage scales for about a fiver from Asda and take them with you.

Alan

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hand luggage on return

OH ive got scales they wont be ripping me off im really begining to wonder what kind of place im going to lol reading threads on here seems like a right load of conning gets lol

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris