We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back home to the great british weather

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
back home to the great british weather

hi,back home this morning and 7 days just isn't enough lol. The service,hospitality and value for money never fails to impress.

We ate local around armutalan apart from one night in the marina

Great corner steakhouse,

Summer breeze,

September bar(lol not my choice)

Bella blu at the club Anastasia

Gustas which is in the marina and two places up from NILS restaurant.

Although I give everywhere 10/10 I think the summer breeze just tip for the size of the portions and just wonder how they make money lol. Never tried the steak at the gcsh but someone in our hotel was impressed and had eaten there for many years.

The one thing that did worry me was how quiet the area was and a lot of places are worried and asking why people are staying away and people taking up half board options.

Walking around we saw pool area been quiet but found our hotel and the club Julian a lot busier and the club excelsior very quiet to how I remember it.

We did the mega Diana all inclusive boat trip and the only one out of marmaris but had planned this trip long before the mayor/all inclusive fiasco,as you can imagine been the only boat in marmaris and it was full.

The only info I could get about the whole situation is the mayor thinks that a majority of boats is bringing down the standards of marmaris and find they have been brewing their own vodka etc to save money and risk to peoples health and these trips are more than just drinking alcohol all day,now the other boat trips are charging £9/£10 but charging for drinks and sailing out earlier and returning not till 5:30 so making you spend more.

It seems hes gunna wage a war with the jeep safaris and get all the old jeeps off the road and making the owners purchase new jeeps.

The mayor thinks that marmaris is losing holidaymakers to bodrum so wants to make marmaris more upmarket but that will lead to price rises etc.

Will update more and answer any questions but had to go into work this morning at short notice so shattered lol

But marmaris still offer a great choice for every type of holiday and long may it continue but with the mayor.

Bob

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: back home to the great british weather

Glad you had a good time Bob,,,Thats a very good update...

WENDY

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: back home to the great british weather

Aww Bob a bit of a rude awakening going back into work.

Thanks for the review :-)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: back home to the great british weather

Is that your holiday finished already ............LOL

Welcome back Bob !!!

Many thanks for the the updates whilst you were away.

Alan

Clydebank, United...
Destination Expert
for Clydebank
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: back home to the great british weather

What a Bummer Bob, the last couple of days are overshadowed by the "back to work thoughts" kills me for a couple of weeks after I come back,

It gets that bad that I dont want to go cos I know I have to come back :-)

NOT!!! :-)

Still to go Davie :-)

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: back home to the great british weather

Lol davie,didn't think I was in til Monday but got a call on the way home from airport. My wifes look for week at the end of august and although we like staying at the club Anastasia she found a good price in the EKIN APARTMENTS (alans place)

Bob

Clydebank, United...
Destination Expert
for Clydebank
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: back home to the great british weather

Alan raves about the place and a would trust his judgment, (but if its crap let us know), lol, only kiddin Alan. Soon as you come home you automaticaly look for another reasonable priced break before the seasons over but it does not take long to get back in the swing of things at home, As for work! you got to do what ye got to do m8, no mun no fun. Glad yous had a great time and are home safe and well :-)

Davie :-)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: back home to the great british weather

Ekin Apartments............good choice.

Bob, which Travel Agent is that with ?

Alan

Edited: 08 June 2012, 22:06
Broxburn, United...
Level Contributor
672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: back home to the great british weather

Wow Bbo that holiday passed so fast.. so glad you enjoyed yourself and you managed to get home safe... lookforward to reading more reports so get typing,lol,

mags

xxx

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: back home to the great british weather

Thanks mags, Alan think that was through Thomas cook. But works out at £932 fir 3 of us

Bob

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,843 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: back home to the great british weather

welcome home max branning lol

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris