We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money converter help

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
money converter help

hi all just wanted to no how do you convert lira back into sterling so i now how much im spending i no it depends on how much sterling to lira i have given

for example if the lira is 2.8 to £1 so how much say a effs is in sterling

just a easy explanation please

ps hope you understand what i mean lol many thanks kerry

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money converter help

to be honest kez i know the rate is 2.8 but i always round it down makes it so much easier and i always work at 2.5 to the £1.... that way if an effes is 5 lira thats £2 but you know its slightly less than £2 cos the rate is higher. thats how i do it anyway. matt

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: money converter help

thanks i got 2.73 yesterday in my local high street hopeing its more in turkey x

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money converter help

my 2.82 when i went in may is looking good now and matt your fluke when you changed yours is looking even better lol.

kez here are some prices based on your 2.73

1 lira is 36p

5 lira is 1.83

10 lira is 3.66

20 lira is 7.32

50 lira is18.31

75 lira is 27.47

100 lira is 36.63

you have my extremely handy currency converter app on my phone to thank for that

ben

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money converter help

I was in a bag shop once and I asked this question the owner pulled out a calculator and showed me, it went something like this, to work lira to pound divide the price in lira by the exchange rate in rd

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
941 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money converter help

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

this will help its a currency converter

whitehaven
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money converter help

hello kezkez at the rate being 2.8 just put into your calculator 5 divided by 2.8 this will give you 1.78 so you know 5 lira is £1.78 at the rate of 2.8 lira to the pound so 50lira is £17.85, allways place the ammount you want to know first theen divide by the going rate. i hope this makes sense to you but have a few practice shots and dont forget your calculator. regards, demir

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: money converter help

I used to work in a travel agent and we had to just use a calculator...

So to work out English to Lira you multiply it...so £50 to Lira = 50 x 2.81 ( if thats the rate ) = £140.50

If your in resort and want to work out how much it is in sterling you divide it...so 50 lira = £17.79.

I always used to take a little calculator in my bag, so i knew i wasn't being ripped off!

x

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: money converter help

bettyboop, or should i say carol vorderman, nice one

if your rate is 2.73 and you are spending for instance 10 lira then it is 10 divided by 2.73 and your answer is £3.66

i will have two from the top and the rest from anywhere else please carol lol

ben

ps im to slow on here need to work on my keyboard skills

Edited: 12 June 2012, 20:13
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: money converter help

Ooops i meant 140 lira :) x

whitehaven
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: money converter help

your final maths lesson for this evening if a item in a shop is 400 lira divide 400 by the going rate ie 2.8 this gives you £142.85

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris