We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak and Chicken menus...

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Steak and Chicken menus...

ok, someone has told me that there aren't a lot of places doing the "5 course Steak / Chicken meals" any more. i informed the person that there are and people on here have written about it.

can someone settle the argument please...

cheers...

AL.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

We ate in about 5 diffrent restaurants and they were all doing it. For instance the Ayhan does 3 course chicken, pasta or piza for 15tl or steak 3 courses for 21tl. We got back yesterday.

Martin.

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

thanks Martin,

i thought the restaurants were still going to be doing this type of deal as its very popular. glad you had a great holiday.

what were the "average" prices of these eating deals Martin? i am assuming they were still worth it?

if i remember correctly last year they ranged from roughly 18tl for the chicken and around 24/26 tl for the steak?

any info would be very welcome for the "doubting Thomas'" who are going with us, lolll...cheers...

AL.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

The Ayhan was the cheapest but the best, the prices were on average 18tl for chicken 3 courses or 24tl for the steak dishes.

Martin.

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

cheers Martin...

where is the Ayhan? is it in the Armutalan area or nearer the beach front?

we are staying at the Sinem.

thanks...

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,035 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

Al there still everywhere great value...

Stevie

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

The Ayhan Bar & Restaurant are approximately 5 minutes from the Sinem Apartments.

Walk down to the main road and turn right, walk along and the Ayhan is on your right just before the ATM's.

Alan

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

hiya Stevie,

hows yer holiday gaun? cr*p i bet eh...pmslllll...glad yer havin such a good time mate. i thought these deals were still alive and well, someone going with us next saturday said someone they know hardly seen any of them when they were over, i said well they musn't have had their eyes open half the time...maybe it was just quieter i dunno...

great value they certainly are and canny wait to get over there just to relax and start enjoyin everythin that all you lucky people have already enjoyed....

cheers...

AL.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 12:12
Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

angels restaurant on the main strret also doing 5 course chicken pasta or pizza deal for 17.50 lire excellent food or they will do 5 course steak deal for whatever the price of your steak is... ie if your steak is 25 lire then you can have the 5 course for the same price...cheers

fawkirk...
Level Contributor
459 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

excellent Alan, cheers...

didnt have a clue it was so close. the Ayhan wont be too far from Always restaurant either then? are there any decent money exchange people up there Alan or do you think i should just take the walk to A&S ?

cheers...

AL.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steak and Chicken menus...

The Always Restaurant is closer to your Apartments than the Ayhan. When you walk down to the main road, cross over in a safe place and the Always Restaurant is there.

It all depends on how much your wanting to exchange, Stevie mentioned in a previous post that some places on the front were offering as low as 2.6 to 2.75, where A & S Travel are offering 2.82. So if your exchanging a lot, it might worth taking a nice walk up to A & S Travel.

Alan

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris