We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

How long is the trip from dalamn to marmaris Have read anything from 3 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours Would we be better with private transfer Hubby doesn't travel well on coaches 1 1/2 hours is about the max

90 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Theres lots of posts about transfers from Dalaman to Marmaris. Just key in transfers to the search box and you will be able to read lots of info about peoples individual experiences and then weigh it all up.

From what you have said in your post I would think private transfer would be best. Nobody knows how long a transfer will take if you are on a shared coach. It depends on how many people are being dropped off before you so you might be going round Marmaris to various hotels before you reach your accomodation. With a private transfer it might take around 1.20 mins , on a shared shuttle yes it could take 3 and a half hours.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

We did a private transfer other week took us 1 hour 10mins with no stop, rep coaches at worst would take anything upto about 3 hours depending on how many drops they have. Matt

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

We did private transfer this year and it was so much more relaxing,no worries about your case going missing,no comfort stop,plenty of room,no hanging around,it made our holiday so much more special.We found it worth the money,and will be using a private transfer again in September.

We booked our transfer through Sunshine holidays,who we had booked our hotel with,and they used Yesil Dalyan,we were very happy with their service,it was our first private transfer so we cannot compare to any other company.

The coach transfers can take ages depending on the flight timing and number of drop offs.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

I see you are going to Marmaris Park,I answered a post of yours about the hotel ,the coach left us on the road outside Marmaris Park ,it is a very steep walk to the reception lobby,admittedly downhill but not easy walking,on our pick up we had to take our luggage up that hill,and I really struggled with my case

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Pre book your taxi with HT transfers on Internet , £74 return , payable in sterling when you reach your resort and don't worry the taxi will pick you up in good time for your return flight

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

I'd suggest private transfer.

Coach transfer makes a stop for 15 minutes - and if it's the early hours you'd rather just get the journey over with! Coach transfer takes between 1hr45 - 2hr to get to Marmaris. After that it's all dependant on your luck as to when your hotel is stopped at. Could be looking at 3hours if you're the last ones,

Dan

essexuk
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Do Travel Repuublic use large coaches or minibuses?Going to the Orkide in september landinding at 21:15,just wonderd approx arrival time.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Private transfer approx arrival would be midnight, shared approx 1am

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

Thanks for all your comments . All are most welcome. Just about to book private transfer.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris

all booked How much should we tip driver

Reply to: AIRPORT TRANSFER - dalaman to marmaris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted