We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Heat

Its unbearibly hot right now... Temp in our hotel (karen hotel) says 50 and probably is because its melted my sandles! Just be careful everyone! :) any questions ill try and answer. X

north east
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat

Hi Hanna

have u been able to sun bathe, or are u just in & out of pool i am going 26 july party of 9 with 14 month baby, we all have high factor lotions so hopefuly wont burn, what is the temp like on a night & is there any breeze. Hope u have a great holiday, any advice on staying cool would be welcome. Thanks.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat

Drink loads and loads of water

north east
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat

Cheers Nick will do, dont normaly drink water but will force myself will a few shands help!!!

north east
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat

Sorry shandys!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heat

just got back last night,we love the heat but it was unbearable at times

Drink loads of water

keighley
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heat

hi,western part of turkey has been subjected to a heatwave and the last couple of days the temp has hit 41/42 degrees but it maybe the worst is over?

In western Turkey, a 60-year-old man collapsed on a beach and later died in hospital as temperatures there hit 44 degrees Celsius (111.2 Fahrenheit).

For the record the highest official temperature recorded in turkey is 48 degrees so no records have been broken but it is extreme and far to hot.

lol i was there at the beginning of june and the temp rate was between 27 and 32 degrees and thats ok

Remember its not the heat but the strength of the sun that gives you your tan lol

If anybody see thermometers reading 50+ then they are subject to more direct sunlight which send them skyhigh

bob

Read more: metro.co.uk/news/…ixzz20tPXqqGw

coventry
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Heat

hello deta, plenty of liquids wear a hat and wear loose fitting white cotton tops if you have a primark near you just the mens plain white t shirts a couple of sizes bigger your sun cream at regular intervals and keep in the shade under a beach brolley rember you are still tanning under a brolley in the shade if you are a beach person you will probably get the icmeler breeze coming down the coast, but the safest and 100% preventative for not burning is stay indoors during peak times, and if you go shopping either market or shops during the day keep the nape of your neck coveredbecause more people get sun stroke this way than any other. hth, the springett

Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heat

Am here at the moment, 1825 and its hotter now than earlier today in my opinion - can be very uncomfortable at times to be honest. Would recommend lots of water and I mean a lot, take the.shade whenever you can.........just mind that alcohol,is not a lubricant in the heat - can lead to serious dehydration if you arent careful........8 days to go yet, will be like a roast chicken by time I get home!!!!!!!

Dave

coventry
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Heat

get it soaked up dave lad because i can see us being in for a long hard one this time around, even the baby conkers are getting washed and blew off the trees. lol

BELFAST
Level Contributor
128 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heat

Just reading about this heat on a few forums. We go in 3 weeks, I hope it passes sooner than later for yourselves and us!