We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marmaris or side for october half-term ???

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
marmaris or side for october half-term ???

hoping to book for october half term ,could you tell me which will have the best weather,and the best activities for two teenage boys.many thanks

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

Marmaris has lots of clubs, bars and night life - probably best for your teenagers... a very lively and noisy place ...

Side is a beautiful resort with the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - Roman ruins - turtles - a Saturday market - 2 x night clubs and lots of day trips. Look on Side Forum page and to right Top Questions About Side and below that Side Tours + Costs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

thank you which will be have-everything open for half term ,and the best weather ?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

Best weather would be in Side as it is on the Mediterranean whereas Marmaris is on the Aegean sea which is cooler.

Everything in both resorts would be open until end of October at least when the Season begins to close down then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

Can I ask why if I type October in the marmaris search bar that people say not to bother coming in October as it rains a lot and most places are closing , and the hotels drain there pools , I'm a bit confused

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,967 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

cos thats usually the case with marmaris julie. matt

britain
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

Ha, blunt as ever I see matt! :)

I think marmaris is nice enough in October if you have been before and know what to expect! How ever I wouldnt recommend going in October if it will be your first visit to marmaris as it is really winding down and the weather is unpredictable at times! x

London, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

thank you no ive never been to marmaris before or turkey for that matter,only Cyrus ,im hoping for a change ,so i think side then is best

8. Re: marmaris or side for october half-term ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:16