We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice

Witney, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
First Choice

Hi all, I booked my holiday over the phone with a FC store and they had my hubby title as Miss and my son as Ms, so called them and was amended. Received a booking confirmation from FC via the travel agent that states their correct titles etc Mr and Mstr. Just thought I'd look on line at my booking as just 26 days to go and it shows my son as Ms and not Mstr, called FC where I booked she said oh this late in the day you may get charged for name change.... ummm FC booking confirmation black and white on paper is correct on line is incorrect. Just waiting on a call back but I'm not happy... any thoughts, has this happened to any of you. Note I have not yet received my tickets yet!!!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice

I shouldnt see it causing too many problems. Your Title is not on your passport, so would usually be overlooked.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice

I booked with firstchoice at one of there shops over the phone,and they spelt my husbands name wrong,his name is Bryan and they spelt it Brian,this was when we used to have ticket booklets when I rung them and explained when the tickets arrived they just issued new tickets a few days before travel with no charge...Think you will find you will get E.Tickets now with firstchoice about 3 to 4 weeks before you travel...I don't think they should charge as its there mistake not yours....

Hope you get all this sorted and have a good holiday..

WENDY

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice

i think as luke says it would be overlooked i wouldnt worry but end of the day its first choice's mistakes why should you be charged? matt

Witney, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice

All sorted their mistake, got amemded confirmation of booking showing correct info...... thanks all, now to ook forward to holiday and ice cold Efes.......xx

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice

Thats great news Kazza,you can now relax and lookforward to a great holiday and the very nice ice cold Efes:)

Enjoy :))

WENDY

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice

We always used to book with First Choice and no problems, but not this year as they went All Inclusive and we had no intention of sitting in the same hotel for 2 vweeks eating the same food with the same view - we wanted to actually see and experience Turkey.

I think it should be ok as long as the names are the same as what is on your passport - you may be worrying too much.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,718 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice

Hi KeithWeymouth,

Our feelings exactly.

Peter & Jean. :o)

8. Re: First Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:15