We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic holiday

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Fantastic holiday

Just got back yesterday and can honestly say was the best resort we have stayed in.

stayed at Club Anastasia and this is a nice clean hotel with very helpful and friendly staff.

went to many restaurants that included Oasis bar- ate here 3 times, Summer Breeze, Anfi bar, Bella Blu, Natalies Steak House- ate here 2 times and Tai Pan. They were all exceptional apart from Tai pan which we were disappointed with. Most meals with either a drink or fish bowl cost 120 lira.

Had a turkish bath, husband turkish shaves and I had a manicure at the hotel which were all very good.

We are not heavy drinkers but had a few a day and with eating out most evenings apart from having a kebab in our room a few nights I would estimate we spent about 800.00 for 2 adults and a teenager for 2 weeks plus about another 400.00 on shopping!

The shops are amazing and I put my haggling skills to good use buying polo shirts, bags, trainers, beats headphones, boots, zippo lighters, purses and of course lovely hand picked turkish delight from the market!

We took cash and bank card but when I go again I will probably take just cash as this is so easy to change up with travel shops ie A+S and Uncle Johns.

I highly recommend taking insect repellent spray with you as i got bitten 7 times on my first night which wasn't nice!

I would also recommend using bigger supermarkets as some of the smaller ones are more expensive.

Please if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer. I will be doing seperate reviews for restaurants and hotels later.

I look forward to visiting this lovely part of Turkey again, Armulatan area was lovely.

Lucy

Edited: 26 August 2012, 09:17
sunderland
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantastic holiday

£800 for 2 weeks for 3 adults? can i book you up as a chaperone for next year plz lol

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantastic holiday

I am very good at budgeting lol! Had fresh bread everyday and duty free drinks in our room so think this helped! Had some snacks and breakfasts at our hotel during the day but mainly ate at night. Also mainly took our own water round the pool so this saves a lot to!

Lucy

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantastic holiday

Hi Lucy,thanks for your review and that went bloody quick lol. Told you you'd like the Anastasia and armutalan lol. Back there in 4 days and did you get a pool view?

Bob

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantastic holiday

I reckon that £800 for 3 is about not far off. Remember they also spent £400 on shopping - we spent nowhere near that much (about £150) and in total we spent about £1,600 for 2 adults and 2 15 year olds - but then our priorities werent that way inclined. We found most meals in Gumbet came up around 80TL - 130TL, but it is the drinks that add to them and rounds at the bar during the day.

I suspect they wanted to spend more on the shopping - so probably their priorities were different. Just shows you can still have a brilliant holiday in Turkey for not that much money. I hope it stays that way.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantastic holiday

Hi Lucy

Welcome back & thanks for sharing your review on the forum.

Armutalan is a great place, many great Bars & Restaurants within a few minutes walk.

Alan

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantastic holiday

Hi Lucy,

Nice report, thanks for sharing.

Don't forget to put reviews on the REVIEW section so that they last and don't dissapear in a few days.

Peter & Jean. :o)

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantastic holiday

Great feedback Lucy, glad you loved it so much :)

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,276 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantastic holiday

great review Lucy you certainly done your research before you went you must have asked Bob over a hundred questions lol!!! a'm glad it was all worth while and you had a great hol thats what we all want to hear :)))

p.s £800 sounds about right for some1 thats been eating and drinking in the right places and not getting ripped off fishbowls wi your dinner nice mmmmmm

cheers

Stevie

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantastic holiday

Or cocktails - whenever and wherever I've had them I havent been able to taste the alcohol!!!

sunderland
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantastic holiday

i think £800 is a fantastic bit of budgeting. to do marmaris on less than £20 a day each. id have to superglue my mrs @rse to a sunbed and sew her mouth up to manage on that lol