We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alone traveller to Marmaris

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alone traveller to Marmaris

Hi,

I will be traveling to Marmaris on the 3rd of Sept however originally i had booked to travel with a friend but shes had some work problems on the last minute and will not be able to make it. This is the first time I'm traveling alone and 'on holiday' and am quite nervous. I'm a 24 yr old female and have no idea what to expect as its my first time to Turkey. Can anyone advise me on anything i should know or can do because i have no idea what a solo traveler can do there... :o/

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

Sleepinbeauty so would not worry about going on your own, you will no doubt meet up with a lot of other people there, lots of great trips and again will surely meet up with other people. Hope you have a great time!

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

Hi Sleepingbeauty,

If you do a search you will find dozens of posts on here about traveling alone. Several ladies who use this forum travel on their own.

If you are patient I am sure at least one or two will come on and tell you all about it.

Peter & Jean. :o)

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

thanks allot for your message I feel a little more confident now of traveling alone..

Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

Hi I.have a friend travelling out on the 9th on her own but meeting up with few girls....I'm sure she'd be more than happy to meet up.if u want me to try arrange it?!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

I been to Turkey several times on my own - although I am a lot older than you!

It is one of the friendliest places you could be but just follow the normal rules regarding safety etc.

Any questions just ask x

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

that is very nice of you, would love to however I'm flying back on the 10th which is the next day so not sure how we may be able to manage that.. :o(

Edited: 31 August 2012, 22:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

thanks I'm feeling much more confident now... at first I was planing to just stay at the resort but you all have helped me boost my confidence.. fingers crossed it goes well.

Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

No.worries, automatically thought ud be there 2 weeks! Have a fab holiday :-)

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

send pm to Debs she will give you great info for a single traveller..sorry Debs for giving your name but sure can give great feedback..all the best

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alone traveller to Marmaris

Where abouts are you staying? I'm going to Marmaris on 4th Sept x

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris