We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why marmaris

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Why marmaris

My self and my girlfriend are thinking of going to marmaris as a change for benidorm !

Why should we goto marmaris and can you give any tips on what to do

Thanks ?

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why marmaris

Hi valedale! I've been to Benidorm and Marmaris a few times. Benidorm has a better beach and better evening entertainment if you're into that sort of thing.

Marmaris is also a very big resort but is more scenically beautiful, the food is better, the people more charming, and its cheaper. The shopping is excellent.

Personally, I prefer Marmaris, but go self-catering. Which hotels were you looking at?

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Why marmaris

Hi, i never like going back to the same place twice but i fell in love with it, i went with my boyfriend for the first time in july 2010 and have been back 4 times since then, i got bk in july and booked to go back in september, the people are soo nice friendly and do whatever They can to please you, this was were ever we went, we eat out and did all sorts of thigs every day. You dont need to go allinclusive its so cheap out there to eat out and to do pretty much anything.

Dont book trips with your rep go outside the hotel to do it i did for all of my trips and They was all fab,

The airport is really over priced so eat b4 you go thr On your way home a can of coke was £4!

If you have any questions messages me!

Daniella_20_06@hotmail.com

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Why marmaris

Look at club candan grate location close to the big bazaar and grate staff big pool clean and Well kept. And cheap :)

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why marmaris

Thanks very much for te help ! Not looked at much just now! Gonna book today ! So will look at that hotel mentioned danniella

Thanks very much !

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why marmaris

We did Benidorm and Marmaris last year,and both have their pros and cons, but Marmaris wins for us. It feels a lot more "foreign", but there is still British food and the like available if you want it- but better Kebabs!. The Long Beach, harbour and Marina areas are great for strolling at night, with no rowdy Stag and Hen parties. And Bar Street has plenty of clubs if you want to hit the noisier night life.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why marmaris

TheValedale, I think we've bumped into each other on the Benidorm forum. Similarly to TriuumphNed last year, this year we are doing Benidorm at Easter (Old Town apartment) and Marmaris in August (Long Beach apartment) . We enjoy them both very much. I particularly like the harbour area in Marmaris.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why marmaris

Can anyone recommend a hotel ??

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why marmaris

There's a lot of All Inclusive hotels in Marmaris if that suits you, but the food is more Turkish than European, and you only get Turkish produced alcoholic drinks. If that sounds OK, we stayed at the Cettia Beach resort, which is a boutique hotel aimed at adults, and would recommend there. Completey different feel to the Calypso in Beni!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why marmaris

Looking more to staying self catering! Looking at club atrium hotel and apartments, club candan !

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why marmaris

hi dale depends on location/budget etc, are you wanting an apartment/hotel room etc. matt

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris