We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Apartments on a budget

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Apartments on a budget

Hi All,

i'm looking at going to Marmaris in August and was thinking about going self catering. I basically just need a base near bars, restaurants, shops, beach etc. I am a solo traveller and so I come out in a rash if there are too many kids, so a nice quiet apartment complex and a nice room is what I'm looking for. Any tips will be great. Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,023 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

hi Mark welcome to the forum...... take a peek at the Sinem Hotel/Apartments.. cheap, basic but an excellent feel to the place and very friendly family run hotel... very close to the beach, shops and only a short walk to the bars. matt

p.s if you look on travel republic, some apartments on there for as little as £20 for the week. matt

Edited: 14 February 2013, 17:05
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Hello & welcome to the forum

One of the main problems is August is part of the school holidays, so most places will have children. As you want a base, a small Self Catering place would be better as not to many children.

Others to consider: Ekin Apartments, Atlantis Apartments, Tekin Apartments, Amber Apartments, Kaan Apartments, there is Andy's Restaurant & Bar that has rooms, but I don't think it has a pool.

http://andysrestaurant.net/

Alan :)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Thanks guys. I will checkout those recommendations. I know what you mean about the kids in August. I am a carer so unforunately don't always get much choice as to when I can get a holiday. I've already had a look at the Ekin apartments, and they look great, but I can't get a quote for them so I'm assuming they are already booked up

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Hi Mark, also have a look at the Rosy Apts and Banana Apts. Club Sunset also look really nice and have been a great price lately on Travelrepublic. Literally tons of choice.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

For the Ekin Apartments try:

www.loveholidays.com

www.thomascook.com

Alan :)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Thanks guys. This is my budget holiday for this year and Turkey is so cheap compared to Spain, which is well expensive in comparison. I actually went to marmaris at the end of April last year and loved it. That was more expensive as I went AI at the Grand Ideal . i did enjoy it but I'm going off AI in Turkey as it's so cheap to eat and drink out and I got a bit fed up after a few days of being in resort all the time.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Hi mark.been 6 times to marmaris,always stay somewhere different.last year stayed at amaris apartments which should not be confused with club amaris which ive heard is horrendous..its in armatulan area up a side street bang in middle of loads of bars etc.our room 203 had 2 balconies one facing a quiet developed grass area and other facing pool.spacious rooms.nice staff.off to marmaris in june with my little grandson and daughter but at club sultan maris ,stayed there before .have a great time

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Well I've been trawling through all your suggestions. I've changed my dates to 2nd September to avoid the school holidays. Thanks very much to you all. Loveholidays obviously don't love solo travellers because as soon as you change the search option to 1 person all the options offered for 2 people vanish. I've never encoutered such blatant discrimination before!!!

No availability anywhwere for the Ekin or Amber apartments, so I'm presuming they are sold out.

So far the best quotes for S/C 10 days are Tekin, Atlantis, Kaan, Sinem, Amaris,Rosy and Marmaris Beach. Kaan and Sinem being the cheapest at under £400 and Rosy being the dearest at £463. Those prices include flight of course.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,023 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

morning mark, personally i would have gone for the Sinem or Kaan out of the list..... suppose it boils down to location now, although they arnt very far apart.... matt

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice Apartments on a budget

Thanks Matt. Seems like a plan to me