We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

Portsmouth Hants
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

Well I love Marmaris and I been going since 1994!!!! Just wanna ask if any newbies are going mid June this year, as I am!!!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

So do we, can't wait until Sept.

Martin.

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

looks great, we have always gone to olu deniz but may have to give a try at some point- are there many nice walks? ( sad but I love a walk)

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

me too leighboo, but we don`t go til September, hope you have a great time in June tho, Im sure you will :) Hi Donnasaway, the promenade in itself is a beautiful walk as it stretches right from the marina and harbour for miles along the seafront and right the way round into Icmeler. I think someone mentioned a nature trail a few days ago too, so hopefully they will see your question and give you some more info :)

sheffield
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

There is a nice walk all along the front from Marmaris marina all the way to Icmeler after you leave the Marmaris side there are a lot of trees to give you shelter and a few comfort stops for a drink and a bite to eat

keith

Beat me to it Suz

Edited: 06 April 2013, 16:27
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

Im a newbie .We're going in July . Booked our first holiday to Turkey after many weeks of reading and enjoying this forum last year. Sooo looking forward to it .

Level Contributor
449 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

August here! Haven't had a holiday for a good few years as I've been at university so it's been tight ! This is a real treat for us , so we really can't wait ! None of us have ever been to turkey before !.

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

Thank you Suehartlepool and Keith-Judith, sounds good. Would probably stay in Iclemer I think.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

You're welcome :) You will love Icmeler, its so pretty. A lot smaller than Marmaris but still lots to do and easy to get into Marmaris or Turunc for a day out. Some great restaurants and bars there, plenty shops and a weekly market. I prefer Marmaris but we've stayed in Icmeler before and enjoyed all our holidays there.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

There is a walk from Icmeler to Turunc

myturunc.com/scrapbook/…icmelerwalk.html

The pathway from Turunc to Icmeler is maintained by Turunc Blue Flag Organization and is particlularly suitable for trekking through the winding pathways under the canopy of cool pine forests.

Alan :)

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Well I love Marmaris!!!!!!

Good for you, Leighboo, I'm glad to hear that from a 20 year veteran. From the forum one gets the feeling nowadays that the Benidorm crowd has given up on Spain and have all rocked up in Marmaris.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris