We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
41 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Hi

Myself husband and 2 daughters(5 and 3) are off to Club Aida in July.

I read on here quite a lot so know a little but I have some specific questions.

1) The accomadation is self catering and I was wondering what sort of supermarkets/shops there is near there to get cereal milk etc. We arrive at 2pm in Dalaman but I guess with the transfer it will be early evening before we're in our room and I just want to get some provisions in.

2) We are mainly planning to eat out, Kervan Ockibasi in particular. Whereabouts is this in relation to Club Aida? Any other nice restaurant recommadations would be great.

3) When I went to Bulgaria 21 years ago!! you had to have immunisations. My doctor said that for Turkey we would all need some jabs but when I gave blood last week I happened to mention it and they were suprised saying for Marmaris you dont normally need anything jst make sure your tetunus upto date.

Does anyone have the jabs for Turkey or is it just the doctors being over cautious?

Thanks.

Banbury, Oxford
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Hi

The transfer is approx 90 minutes so after collecting your luggae would imagine you to be at your hotel around 5 ish.

No jabs are compulsory for Turkey, however it is recommended that you're up to date with tetanus. Most tour operators recommend typhoid, hep a and polio but these are not compulsory.

(As a travel agent it comes up on our paperwork - but as a traveller to Turkey have not had then and haven't had problems)

Hope this helps

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

just to add to Sams reply, please do check with your insurance that if you dont have the reccomended injections that you would still be covered, insurance companies do anything to get out of paying claims. matt

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Hi MrsBH46, no its not compulsery to have injections which i didnt have any last year. However, they are free from the doctors, so certainly this year i will be having them. Its your choice, better to keep yourself safe as insurance companies will do anything not to pay claims out if they can.

As for restaurants try O'yes the food is so damn good, food to die for. Its on the promenade, and very busy, but well worth the wait. You will go back for more, i promise you. Then next door is Heaven O seven thats another brilliant restaurant all on the front. Sisters steak house. thats brilliant, its near Marbella Hote/Grand Azurel. Theres absolutely loads to chose from, and pretty reasonable price too. Hope this helps.

shirley

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

The Kervan Ocakbasi Restaurant is only a couple of minutes walk from the Club Aida.

Come out the main entrance and turn left and the Kervan Ocakbasi Restaurant is just along on you left.

Alan :)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
116 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Hi I've had hep a injection and my doctors won't give me anything else they say there not needed so does my granddaughters doctor they said the same we go to marmaris in may

Motherwell...
Level Contributor
456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Hi

Im not good with directions Ekinn will be able to help with those there is a big Kipa which part of the tesco group my sons pretty fussy so i took loads of things in my case for his only to find i cld have bought them there and they where similar prices ie cereal nutella jams etc for breaky pretty much anything you need.

You will love the Kervan was probs my best meal in turkey also try the oasis bar and italian which are both armutalan area

Thanks Sharon

Bellshill
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

This will be my fourth time going to club aida, you will love it, there is a small supermarket in hotel or there is one small one 2 mins from hotel, there is a large migros supermarket 15 min walk away which is similar to a large tesco superstore.

All of my family received injections but these are not compulsory to have.

Great restuarant we love is Kibele or for cheaper food piccadilly restuarant.

Cant wait to return 15th August.

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

Out front of your hotel turn right and and 100m and your on the main marmaris road. Aida is a belter of a hotel.

9. Re: Just have some questions about our upcoming holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris