We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Staying at Ekin Apartments from10th to 24th July.

Air-Conditioning unit is in the bedroom area apparently, last year we paid £30 a week for our two weeks stay at T&G Apartments and this was in the living area, no good for night time really, but saw quite a few people with pedestal fans in their apartments while we were there, which seemed useful as they could be moved from room to room.

Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of paying £60 plus for Air-Con for a fortnight or whether to just go and buy a fan then leave it behind at the end.

I saw fans last year in Migros but any idea on shops that sell these fans and prices if possible please?

As always many thanks for any comments in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Edited: 13 May 2013, 19:38
sheffield
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

We stayed at rosy aparts last year, we paid for air con but it was only in bedroom, kids was in living area so we hired a fan aswell for £10 per week, maybe it's worth asking your hotel if they hire them out? Angela ;-)

hull england
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Try Kipa who sell big stand up fans the type with various settings breeze wind etc. for reasonable prices we have one in our bedroom never had air con only in the living room

hullman

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
129 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Definitely air-con that time of year!! A fan will be useless without a doubt.

hull england
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

the big fans are excellent we have used them in the bedroom for years with no problems

hullman

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

When I lived in Turkey, I hated the aircon (always gave me a sore throat and was an "unnatural" cold) - I always used a big fan on a stand - felt it was much better 'cos I could angle the fan to blow over the bed just where I wanted it.

Jak xx

hull england
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

thats what we do we find the air con is ok for cooling the living room down but the fans are very good in Turkey and we find they do the job

hullman

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
129 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Sorry hullman I don't agree, I prefer air-con : )

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

I prefer aircon too, I always find the fans just move the warm air around as opposed to cool it down.

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

At that time of year in July i definately think aircon. As its gonna be so hot to be honest. A fan will just spread warm air around the room.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To buy a Fan or Air-Con for two weeks?

Hi Dave,

Many hotels have fans to rent.

What some of them do not like is people bringing in their own fans and using the electricity that the hotel has paid for!

They feel that this is the same as people bringing in food rather than buying it from them. Or people taking their own drinks into bars!

Personally, as I have lived in the Middle East for nearly 22 years, I would always use AC.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 14 May 2013, 04:57
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris