We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overweight luggage?

Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Overweight luggage?

Flying out from glasgow on Friday and have 20kg luggage I've weighed it with the hand scales and my normal scales they both read 22kg. I don't want to take anything else put my case. Does anyone know how much the charge per kilo you are over? I booked with Barrhead travel who booked through jewel in the crown and it's an onur air flight :)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overweight luggage?

If you are travelling alone you will probably have to pay something but if you are travellinging with a partner then your allowance will be 20kg each so you will probably be ok if both of your cases have a combined weight that's under 40 kg.

Ian

west midlands
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overweight luggage?

be carfull coming back they will have you in dalaman

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overweight luggage?

Very strict in Dalaman, could you put the extra weight into hand luggage.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overweight luggage?

paid £15 per kilo over last year..in Glasgow..was 2 over..be careful..They also weighed my handbag

slough
Level Contributor
238 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overweight luggage?

we got caughtout coming home last year at dalaman didnt think 2 do cases as we hadnt bought much 2 bring back but had 2 pay £15 per kl

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overweight luggage?

When you get to Dalaman Airport, go to one of the empty check-in desks and weigh your luggage, so if you are over it will give you time to sort it before you actually check-in. As they are very strict.

Alan :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overweight luggage?

Or - take your luggage scales with you and weigh your cases before going to the airport. I always carry ours in my hand luggage, just in case there is a discrepancy at check-in.

8. Re: Overweight luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris