We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please read: KISS Bar

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please read: KISS Bar

I just thought i would share my experience of this bar and let others do as they please.

I was in kiss with 6 freinds having a drink when we saw a waiter with the biggest spikiest hair ever. he was serving us when we triend to touch it, oooo the biggest snarl came across his face. we said we were only having a laugh and he went and braught another member of staff and started wispering and pointing at us. they both came up to us and said do you want a fight. my friend replied no, we were only having a laugh and went to shake hands. they boy then said i will stab you, to my freind. this was only 2 days after that young boy had been stabbed 17 times on bar street by 2 turkish men. so we were quite scared. i went and told the owner who stands outside he said he would deal with it, come back tommorrow and we could drink for free. the next day we went and the boy was still working so we decided not to go there anymore, that was until the owner saw us and literally tried to drag us in saying we had been mistaken over what the staff member said. this time we had two older women with us in there 50's. the ladies told this owner to let go of our friends hands when he replied to her 'shut up or ill punch you in the face'. i am truly disguised by this, this was our only bad experience but to be honest showed me a horrible side to turkey. i know this one incident should not stand up against so many good times but when someone stands in front of threatening to stab you, you would feel the same. therefore beaware and just go to turtle next door as it is better anyway! lyn

S Wales
Level Contributor
227 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Thank you for the warning x

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,129 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Sorry to hear this Lyn but well done for naming and shaming the place and owners

Stevie

Barnsley England
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

That's really scary!! xx

Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Not surprised you were scared, I would've been too, that's one place crossed off the list to try

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

thanks for the warning... i dont think they realise there actions to one person does get passed on to so many.. they will loose custom and rightfully so.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Me and my boyfriend really disliked the staff in kiss bar, and found them very rude from the first day, we then went next door to turtle bar, where the manager/ security guard came and spoke to us, we explained what happened and then when ever we went in turtle bar they would actually walk us back past kiss bar and told the guy who stands outside to leave me and my boyfriend alone and not to harass us when we walked past!!!! Yes there are some very rude people around, but right next door there's very friendly people, so don't let it put you off!!

Also the guy with the spikey hair don't you think he looks like Bart Simpson from the early Simpsons!! Obs if he was given a Turkish twist!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Thanks for the warning & making others aware of your experience.

Alan

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

well done for speaking out,we were in kiss last september and although we had no trouble it was not a pleasant atmosphere,turtle bar is great tho

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Thanks for sharing, will defo not be going in there!! X

donster
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please read: KISS Bar

Turtle bar is the same... Me and my friend went to turtle every night, but one night we went over to kiss bar, because we know some of the staff over there ( and the guys are really sweet) But they didn't had any costumer, so me and my friend thought, oh we go dancing on the bar, so we did that, and we went over to turtle bar again.. We had a beer on turtle, and everything was fine, until we went outside, and ask for a water, and on of the staff just said to us "you guys are not welcome here anymore, and you have to leave now, you can't buy anything" I think it's so rude, when we had used so many money in the place.. So we went over to kiss bar again, because we feel very welcome over there.. The next day we walked past turtle, and the manager and some one else, just went totally up in my face, and yelled at me in turkish.. So don't think the staff at turtle are any better.. There have been som episode, there some of the staff had try to sleep with younger girls, and they have fight we knifes, and that sort of things..

So I'm going to kiss bar instead.. They had threaten me very good, and they protected me from the guys from turtle.. If you want to go to a place without any drama, so go to Faros beach or VIP bar.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris