We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goldtrail travel agents

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
goldtrail travel agents

booked with goldtrail for turkey marmaris but just found a site that says they are terrible company and can.t get anything right people have been delayed for 56 hours , and left stranded has anyone out there got anything good to say about them please put my mind at rest and give me some good news here,s hoping thanks

england
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: goldtrail travel agents

Been on holiday 3 times with goldtrail to Marmaris, and Altinkum, No problems but choose a hotel with good reviews not something cheap and cheerful and you wont be dissapointed. Check out other review sites i.e Holidaywatchdog.com and Holidaysuncovered.com.If you are unhappy when you get ther speak to the Goldtrail rep and ask for other accomodation in a freindly manner they are usually very helpful. Hope this re-assures you a little.

scotland
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: goldtrail travel agents

Hi,dietmad, we used goldtrail 2 yrs ago going to Marmaris from Glasgow. Cheap hols. Agree about not going for cheap accommodation. We were stranded in the Armutalan area in the Gokcen. Hotel was ok. Very traditional. Not to everyone's taste but had good staff. You often get wot you pay for. Tho, once you get over the initial shock of a traditional entrance and not a fancy atrium entrance you often find the staff are very friendly and will do all they can to make your holiday great. So Ok, they try to get you to spend your money - but hey! we all know that when we book upTurkey, don't we?!

Have a great time and don't worry!

merseyside
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goldtrail travel agents

hi fancythat thanx for your reply we are staying in a hotel called the karacan beach it is located just as you come into marmaris i have done some homework befor i booked the hotel and it has fantastic reviews on this site my concern was the actual travel agents gold /trail as they do not seem to have a very good reputation ? how did you find them ? as you said you only get what you pay for but i saved £400 pounds booking with GT compared with the same holiay with airtours so i haven,t done too bad !

scotland
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: goldtrail travel agents

Hi diet mad - well done!!! U can book 4 us nxt year!

we found goltrail by a search on the internet cos we didn't know about them b4 that.

Don't recall having any major probs with them tho or any problems really. And yea, we'd probably travel with them again.

This time we're going with holidays4u, found them through the internet and booked via freedom direct, although that was actually the agents! So holidays4u are the actual tour operators. we got a pretty good deal and have been happy so far - but we've still to go and see the hotel!!

We're staying at the Seren Sari flyin out on the 6th June.

when r u going and where r u stayin? There's 10 of us.

merseyside
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goldtrail travel agents

hi, fancy that we are going on the 4th sept 4 2 weeks staying at the karacan beach hotel it is just as you come into marmaris on the sea front while we are there my parents and their freinds are booked into the same hotel but they dont know we are going, they arrive at 9am and we arrive at 2pm we are going to surprise them !!!!!!!! also its our 1st holiday with no kids i,m so excited cant wait any way hope you all have fab time and you can fill me in with all the gossip tips and prices etc when you all return thanx

scotland
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: goldtrail travel agents

Sounds brill! As this is your 1st time on holiday without the kids you're sure to have a fantastic time. The weather will still be hot! Just remember not to talk about missing the kids all the time - they'll be fine!

You're family will have a major surprise - tho it must b hard 2 keep the secret?! Just don't direct them to this site else they might guess.

Hope you have a gr8 time when you go and keep watchin 4 updates throughout the site (unfortunately it doesn't make the time go any faster when you're waiting to go..eh?!!)

Will keep ya all posted . x

merseyside
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: goldtrail travel agents

hi again fancy can you remember what airline gold trail use and if so how was the flight ? thanx

scotland
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: goldtrail travel agents

Hi Dietmad, can't rememba the airline name but recall flight was pretty much ok both there and back. Don't recall having to ask for any complaints forms or anything like that.

As far as I can recall, it's a Turkish company and their offices were up a hill in the Armutalan district of Marmaris.

We were met at the airport same as all other tour operators. Get yourself a goldtrail brochure and check up their booking conditions. This should help to put your mind at rest.

We just found out our flights with Holidays4u were changed by 14 1/2 hrs so we were entitled to compensation of £20 each for the inconvenience, this was for giving us notice within 14 - 30 days b4 due to fly out. - sorted! covers the air-con prices for the 4 rooms we'll have!

So - check it out so that you know your rights if there was any major probs. Which, by the way - can happen with any of the airlines. Also, I recall a delay on one occasion but can't remember who it was with, but actually the delay was caused by the airport staff on strike at this end - the bag handlers - and others who came out to support them. So it is not always the flights or companies that cause the problems.

....Dinnae worry...!!!

merseyside
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: goldtrail travel agents

ok fancy all info very helpul thanx again

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: goldtrail travel agents

went with goldtrail last year to icmeler, hotel was basic but had everything we needed, if you want 5 star luxury then it costs, if you want a cheap holiday then they are fine, always best to check out on google your hotel before booking, and do remember that most reviews will have a mixture of good and bad, but most of the bad are usually people who don't want to pay top dollar for their holiday but expect top accomadation. You get what you pay for, I found the hotel I stayed in fine and had a great holiday, no it was'nt fantastic, but more than adequate and certainly well worth what I paid.

As others have said, go not expecting to much and you will probably be well pleased, if you want perfection then it may cost a good bit more.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris